Subject: draft-ietf-pilc-link-arq-issues-00.txt

From: Dr G Fairhurst <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 18:02:43 +0000

Some while ago, Aaron (PILC WG Chair) asked for a summary of the thread
on the list
regarding reliable link layers and ARQ.  Much of what is described has
been
developed from a subset of these discussions which are archived at the
IETF PILC mailing list. We'd like to thank the all the contributors to
PILC, who helped
us get this far. Most of all, we would welcome feedback, and comments
from
anyone who has experience of the interactions between link ARQ protocols
and
Internet protocols.

The Internet Draft quoted above has been submitted to the IETF ID
archive,
we expect this to be issued shortly, but until then, the draft is
available via http at:

http://www.erg.abdn.ac.uk/users/gorry/draft-ietf-pilc-link-arq-00.txt

The draft is scheduled to be discussed at the San Diego IETF meeting
(see PILC WG agenda).
It may be that parts of the draft are finally incorporated into the
'Advice for Internet
Subnetwork Designers' draft, (P. Karn, et al):
draft-ietf-pilc-link-design-XX.txt.

All comments are welcome.

Best wishes
Gorry Fairhurst
Co-Author Lloyd Wood

------------------------------
http://www.erg.abdn.ac.uk/users/gorry