Subject: CFP: Protocols For High-Speed Networks (PfHSN'2002)

From: Georg Carle <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 03:11:21 +0200

Dear Colleagues, 

our sincere apologies if you receive multiple copies!

Enclosed below please find a Call for Papers for the Seventh 
IFIP/IEEE Workshop on Protocols For High-Speed Networks (PfHSN'2002)
April 22-24, Berlin, Germany
Submission Deadline: November 17, 2001

For complete information about the workshop, please visit:
    http://www.fokus.gmd.de/glone/pfhsn2002/

A printer friendly version of this CFP is available at:
   http://www.fokus.gmd.de/glone/pfhsn2002/pfhsn2002.pdf (PDF)
   http://www.fokus.gmd.de/glone/pfhsn2002/pfhsn2002.ps  (PS)

Please feel free to distribute it to those who might be interested.

Yours sincerely,

Georg Carle and Martina Zitterbart

---------------------------------------------------------------------

                            CALL FOR PAPERS

        IFIP TC6 WG6.2 / IEEE Comsoc TC on Gigabit Networking
                  Seventh International Workshop on
            Protocols For High-Speed Networks (PfHSN'2002)

               Monday April 22 - Wednesday April 24, 2002
                          Berlin, Germany

                        Sponsored by IFIP WG6.2
        Working Group on Network and Internetwork Architecture

                      Technical co-sponsorship by
                    the IEEE Communications Society 
               Technical Committee on Gigabit Networking

                      In cooperation with COST263
                  Quality of future Internet Services

SCOPE

PfHSN is a successful series of workshops providing an international
forum for the presentation and discussion of new research and ideas
on protocols for high speed networks. The PfHSN'2002 workshop in Berlin
follows the PfHSN'99 event held in Salem, Massachusetts. In addition to
protocols and implementation techniques for high speed networks, the
workshop will focus this year on high-speed and high-performance
optical, active, and wireless networks. Original research contributions
are solicited. Areas of interest include, but are not limited to, the
high-performance (high-bandwidth/low-latency) aspects of:

        o Protocol development
        o Protocol analysis
        o High-performance architectures
        o Implementation of high-speed protocols
        o Maintaining QoS at high speeds
        o Experimental studies
        o Application-oriented issues
        o Application controlled communication systems
        o Protocols for distributed multimedia and peer-to-peer
          applications
        o Protocol implementation tools
        o Fast lookup and classification
        o Programmable hardware in support of high speed protocols
        o High speed active network architecture
        o Network processors
        o High performance middlebox communication (firewalling etc.)
        o High speed measurements
        o Optical network protocols

In the past, the workshop has been small (50 to 80 researchers). As a
result, a considerable about of time is devoted to informal discussion.
This year workshop will be limited to 120 participants.

INFORMATION TO CONTRIBUTORS

Prospective authors are invited to submit for review, unpublished 
original contributions (not exceeding 12 pages single spaced) which 
describe recent and innovative research results or developments within 
the scope of the workshop.
Papers must be submitted electronically according to the 
instructions that will be described on the conference web site 
http://www.fokus.gmd.de/research/cc/glone/pfhsn2002/ .
(No hard copy submission will be accepted.) 

HOT TOPICS SESSION

In addition to regular papers, PfHSN'2002 calls for short papers to be
presented in the 'Hot Topics Session'. These papers are intended to 
present work in progress on hot, controversial or provocative topics.

PANELS

Panels are solicited that cover innovative, issues of interest. Panel
proposals should not exceed 4 pages, including biographical sketches of 
the proposed panelists. Proposals for panels should be submitted to the
workshop co-chairs ([email-masked]).

PUBLICATION

Accepted Papers will be published in the conference proceedings 
published by Springer Verlag in the LNCS series.
Authors of selected papers will be invited to submit an extended version 
of their papers for possible publication in a special issue of the 
Journal 'Computer Networks'.

IMPORTANT DATES

Submission Deadline: November 17, 2001
Notification of acceptance: January 18, 2002
Camera-ready paper due: February 14, 2002

ORGANIZATION

The workshop will be organized jointly by GMD FOKUS and the 
University of Karlsruhe, Germany.

Workshop Co-chairs:

Georg Carle, Fraunhofer Institute FOKUS, Germany
Martina Zitterbart, University of Karlsruhe, Germany

PfHSN 2002 Hot-Line: [email-masked]

Steering Committee:

        o James P.G. Sterbenz BBN Technologiess, GTE, USA (Chair)
        o Per Gunningberg, Uppsala University, Sweden
        o Bryan Lyles, Sprint Labs, USA
        o Harry Rudin, IBM Zurich Lab, Switzerland
        o Martina Zitterbart, University of Karlsruhe, Germany

Program Committee Members (preliminary list):

        o Sujata Banerjee, HP Labs and Univ. of Pittsburgh, USA
        o Olivier Bonaventure, University of Namur, Belgium
        o Torsten Braun, University of Bern, Switzerland
        o Georg Carle, GMD FOKUS, Germany
        o Jon Crowcroft, UCL, United Kingdom
        o Christophe Diot, Sprint Labs, USA
        o Julio Escobar, Centauri Technologies Corporation, Panama
        o Serge Fdida, University P. and M. Curie, Paris, France
        o Per Gunningberg, Uppsala University, Sweden
        o Christian Huitema, Microsoft Research, USA
        o Marjory Johnson, RIACS/NASA Ames Research Center, USA
        o Guy Leduc, Univ. of Liege, Belgium
        o Jörg Liebeherr, University of Virginia, USA 
        o Byran Lyles, Sprint Labs, USA
        o Gerald Neufeld, Redback Networks, USA
        o Luigi Rizzo, University of Pisa, Italy
        o Harry Rudin, IBM Zurich Research Lab, Switzerland
        o Patricia Sagmeister, IBM Zurich Research Lab, Switzerland
        o Jochen Schiller, FU Berlin, Germany
        o James P.G. Sterbenz, BBN Technologies, GTE, USA
        o Burkhard Stiller, ETH Zurich, Switzerland 
        o Heinrich Stüttgen, NEC Labs, Heidelberg, Germany
        o Ahmed Tantawy, IBM, USA
        o Joe Touch, USC/ISI, USA
        o Giorgio Ventre, University of Napoli, Italy
        o Martina Zitterbart, University of Karlsruhe, Germany

VENUE

The workshop will be held in Berlin, Germany. The workshop will be held
within the conference facilities of the building of GMD FOKUS and 
Deutsche Telekom - T-Nova. Directions are given under the workshop 
homepage http://www.fokus.gmd.de/glone/pfhsn2002, together with 
information on welcome reception, social event, internet access, and 
mbone transmission.

-- 
Georg Carle                     E-mail: [email-masked]
Fraunhofer Institut FOKUS       Tel.:  +49-30 3463 7149
Kaiserin-Augusta-Allee 31       Fax:   +49-30 3463 8149
D-10589 Berlin, Germany         http://www.fokus.gmd.de/usr/carle/