Subject: [pilc] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pilc-2.5g3g-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2002 07:33:48 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Performance Implications of Link Characteristics Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: TCP over Second (2.5G) and  Third (3G) Generation 
                          Wireless Networks
	Author(s)	: H. Inamura
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pilc-2.5g3g-09.txt
	Pages		: 29
	Date		: 05-Jun-02
	
This document describes a profile for optimizing TCP over second
(2.5G) and third (3G) generation wireless networks.  We describe the
relevant characteristics of 2.5G and 3G networks, and specific
features of example deployments of such networks.   We then recommend
TCP optimization mechanisms and discuss open issues.  All the
configuration options in this document are found in modern TCP stacks
and are widely available standards-track mechanisms that the
community considers safe for use on the general Internet.  Even hosts
which serve predominantly non-wireless users may safely enable these
options.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pilc-2.5g3g-09.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-pilc-2.5g3g-09.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pilc-2.5g3g-09.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.