Subject: [pilc] MobiCom 2003 additional hotel available

From: Eyal de Lara <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 18:16:51 -0400 (EDT)

Please excuse us if you get multiple copies of this announcement.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

MobiCom 2003 additional hotel available

Rooms at the main hotel for MobiCom 2003, the Ninth Annual
International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking, are now
fully sold out on some nights of the conference, and we have arranged
an additional nearby hotel to handle the overflow.  MobiCom 2003 will
be held September 14-19, 2003, at the Westin Horton Plaza Hotel in
San Diego, California.  We have now arranged an additional block of
rooms for MobiCom attendees at the same rate at the U.S. Grant, a
Wyndham Historic Hotel, which is located one block from the Westin
Horton Plaza.

MobiCom is the premier international forum addressing research in all
areas of mobile computing and wireless and mobile networking at the
link layer and above.  For more information on MobiCom 2003, including
hotel details and details on how to register to attend, please see the
MobiCom 2003 web pages at

  http://www.sigmobile.org/mobicom/2003/

We have a very strong program this year, including 27 technical
papers describing the best of recent research in mobile computing and
networking, plus exciting research demos, a panel discussion on
security and privacy in mobile and wireless systems, a student poster
session, and a conference dinner banquet cruise.  MobiCom 2003 will
also feature 2 invited talks:

 - Keynote Speaker: Dr. Paul J. Kolodzy, Director of the Wireless
   Network Security Center (WiNSeC) at Stevens Institute of Technology,
   and previously Senior Spectrum Policy Advisor and Director of the
   Spectrum Policy Task Force at the United States FCC, and Program
   Manager at DARPA.
 - Luncheon Speaker: Dr. Ian F. Akyildiz, Ken Byers Distinguished
   Chair Professor in Telecommunications, School of Electrical and
   Computer Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology. Professor
   Akyildiz will speak on "InterPlaNetary Internet: State-of-the-Art
   and Research Challenges".

The conference will also include 5 tutorials on the latest research
areas and background topics in mobile computing and networking:

 - Secure Routing in Ad Hoc Networks
 - Public-Area Wireless Networks
 - Mobile Ad Hoc Networking
 - IP Mobility Support in a Mobile Internet
 - Topology Control in Wireless Ad Hoc Networks

MobiCom will also have 6 full-day workshops on emerging topics related
to mobile computing and networking:

 - DIALM-POMC 2003 Joint Workshop on Foundations of Mobile Computing
 - MobiDE 2003: The Third ACM International Workshop on Data Engineering
   for Wireless and Mobile Access
 - MSWiM 2003: The Sixth ACM International Workshop on Modeling,
   Analysis and Simulation of Wireless and Mobile Systems
 - WiSe 2003: The Second ACM International Workshop on Wireless Security
 - WMASH 2003: The First ACM International Workshop on Wireless Mobile
   Applications and Services on WLAN Hotspots
 - WSNA 2003: The Second ACM International Workshop on Wireless
   Sensor Networks and Applications

We look forward to seeing you in San Diego for MobiCom 2003!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
pilc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pilc
http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/pilc-charter.html
http://pilc.grc.nasa.gov/