Subject: [pilc] COMNET - Call for Papers - Extending the Internet to Space

From: "Shirley Tseng" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 14:01:03 -0800

Title:   Special Issue of Computer Networks (Elsevier)
                     on Extending the Internet to Space

Papers covering, but not limited to, the following topics are requested:
  a..         Architecture design, framework and specific mission design
approaches
  b..         Access on-demand and dynamic ad hoc networking
  c..         Physical layer capabilities needed from a systems perspective
to enable modern networking solutions in space
  d..         IP packet routing protocols
  e..         In-space Media Access Control (MAC) schemes and techniques
  f..         Network security
  g..         Flexible and reliable transport layer solutions over long and
interplanetary distances
  h..         Enabling tools (messaging software, design tools, requirements
capture)
  i..         Efficient network and power management techniques
  j..         Advances in simulation, emulation, and visualization
Prospective authors should submit their paper to Dr. Kul Bhasin at :
[email-masked] by February 1, 2004.
Upon review of the papers, complete manuscripts will be invited according to
the timetable in the attached Call for Papers document.

For reference, please use the below link to the Elsevier Computer Science
site:  www.elsevier.nl/locate/comnet

For any questions, please reply back to this email or send a separate email
to :  [email-masked].

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----
SPACE COMMUNICATIONS PROJECT OFFICE
NASA Glenn Research Center
21000 Brookpark Rd.
Cleveland, OH 44135
http://scp.grc.nasa.gov/