Subject: TCP/IP source models

From: Carlo Matarasso <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 1998 16:38:14 +0200

Dear Colleagues,

Sorry in advance for receiving duplicate copies of this message

I' m looking for mathematical models for TCP/IP sources, for every
possible service (e.g. WWW, e-mail  ....).
The thing, that would more help me, were generated (and received)
traffic patterns of a single TCP/IP source.

Please send to me, through private mails, any references or results you
can share.

Thank you

Carlo

--
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DR. ING. CARLO MATARASSO

[email-masked]
TEL. +49 8153 28 2848
FAX  +49 8153 28 2844

DLR - DEUTSCHES ZENTRUM FUER LUFT UND RAUMFAHRT
GERMAN AEROSPACE CENTER
POSTFACH 1116
D - 82230   WESSLING - GERMANY

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Ahmed A-G Helmy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 10:56:13 -0700 (PDT)

> traffic patterns of a single TCP/IP source.

tcplib (developed at usc) seems like a good candidate for you... if 
you're planning to do simulations, I suggest that you look at the VINT 
project (with the NS simulator)... there's a lot of mathematical models 
for telnet, ftp , web traffic, ... some of which are based on tcplib
[http://catarina.usc.edu/vint]

Regards,
-A