Subject: Join creates (S,G) entry?

From: Gerhard Gessler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 10:05:50 +0200

Hi everybody,

I came across a statement in "draft-ietf-pim-v2-dm-01.txt" that
confuses me a lot.

In section 5.6 "Timers in Multicast Forwarding Entries" 3. paragraph
on page 11 is written:

.... Once the (S,G) entry times out, it will be recreated when the
next multicast packet or join arrives.

Is it really intended to create a (S,G) entry when you receive
a JOIN-Msg? I could not find any statements about this in the
section where PRUNE/JOIN-Msgs are described.

The version of the draft, Liming sent on the mailing list on
03/12/99 also contains this statement.

Thanks,
   Gerhard

---------------------------------------------------
Gerhard Geßler

IABG mbH, Abteilung CS31
Einsteinstr. 20
85521 Ottobrunn

Tel. (089) 6088 3954
Fax: (089) 6088 2845

E-Mail: [email-masked]