Subject: To Join or not during Register procedure

From: Ha Nguyen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 09:08:41 +0200

Hello,
On draft-ietf-pim-sm-v2-new-unpublished-2000727, it seems that there exists
some
contradiction between 4.3.3 and Upstream (S,G) state-machine (see figure 6).
4.3.3 states that Join(S,G) is optional. But when RP receives a Register
message (see pseudocode on page 22), it restarts KeepaliveTimer(S,G). So
JoinDesired(S,G) ->TRUE and Upstream(S,G)->"Joined" and RP sends Join(S,G)
toward S.

Ha Nguyen
University of Lausanne

---

From: Isidor Kouvelas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 09:44:25 -0700

We are aware that the description of switching to the SPT on anything
but the first packet is missing. This was also discussed in the
Pittsburgh IETF. It will be included in the next published version of
the draft.

thanks
I