Subject: New version of PIM-SM spec available

From: Mark Handley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 12:27:10 -0800

A new version of the PIM-SM spec is available from:
  http://www.aciri.org/mjh/draft-ietf-pim-sm-v2-new-01.ps
and
  http://www.aciri.org/mjh/draft-ietf-pim-sm-v2-new-01.txt

We'd recommend the PostScript version if you're going to print it -
it's much more readable.

It was submitted to the I-D editor on Friday, so should appear in the
I-D archives in due course.

The main changes from the previous version are:

 - added (*,*,RP) state, state machines, and rules.

 - added a section clarifying the subset needed for PIM-SSM-only
   routers.

 - added a lot more explanation of some of the state machines

In addition there have been a large number of corrections and
clarifications - please see the changebars for these.  Our thanks in
particular go to John Zwiebel for his very detailed comments on the
first version of this spec.

As always, more comments and feedback would be much appreciated!

 - Bill, Mark, Hugh and Isidor