Subject: J/P message identification ??

From: "Radhakrishna Singuru" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2001 16:52:06 +0530

Hi,
    While processing the J/P Message, is the following inference correct
?

 group == 224.0.0.0 && mask =4 && W/RP bits set in the source address
  implies source address is RP  and it is a (*,*,RP) join/prune

group != 224.0.0.0 && W/RP bits set in the source address
  implies source address is RP  and it is a (*,group) join/prune

group != 224.0.0.0 &&  W/RP bits unset in the source address
  implies source address is source  and it is a (source,group)
join/prune

group != 224.0.0.0 && mask =4 && W bit unset and RP bit set in the
source address implies source address is source  and it is a
(source,group,rpt) join/prune

Thanks for your time!!
--
regards
radha

---

From: Isidor Kouvelas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 11:47:24 -0700

>  implies source address is RP  and it is a (*,*,RP) join/prune

correct

>  implies source address is RP  and it is a (*,group) join/prune

correct (group mask must be 32)

>  implies source address is source  and it is a (source,group)

correct (group mask must be 32)

>(source,group,rpt) join/prune

The group mask for (S,G,rpt) J/P source list entries must be 32
and not 4.

thanks
I