Subject: [pim] (*,G) asserts at rp

From: "Jyotheeswara Rao Kurma" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2001 16:43:06 +0500

Can there be a situation where routers attached to RP, will participate 
in (*,G) asserts election and can become winner ? As per my 
understanding, only it is the RP, where couldAssert(*,G,I) will be 
true, for others it will be up-strm intf , so they cann't take part in 
the assert winner election. Is my understanding correct ?

Can there be a situation, where couldAssert(*,G,I) is false at RP
where is IP address of I is RP(G) ?. 

Will there be a situation where RP, has to track (*,G) assert 
information ? Does up-strm (*,G) asserts at RP makes sense ?

assertTrackingdesired(S,G,I) at RP, where I is Ip address of RP(G)
makes sense ? If so, what will be it's value ?

Thanks for any help,
Jyotheesh

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Every moment is a golden one for him who has the vision to recognize it 
as such. 
-- Henry Miller