Subject: RE: [pim] new PIM-SM drafts

From: "Katta. Sambasiva Rao" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 10:35:05 +0530

I think section 2.7 (Interoperation with dense mode  protocols such as
DVMRP) of RFC 2362 should be included in the draft.

Without that, it is difficult for anyone (new to PIM) to understand the
significance 
of (*,*,RP) mechanism.

regards,
Katta

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Handley [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, November 22, 2001 2:36 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [pim] new PIM-SM drafts

Revised PIM-SM and PIM BSR drafts are now available from
  http://www.aciri.org/mjh/pim.html
and will appear in the I-D archive in few days time.

In particular we'd like that thank Pavlin Radoslavov who did a
particularly detailed read-through and pointed out many
inconsistencies and points that needed further clarification.

As always, we recommend reading the Postscript versions if at all
possible, as the ASCII versions have the figures and changebars
omitted.

 - Mark, Bill, Isidor and Hugh

---

From: Mark Handley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 21:51:06 -0800

>Without that, it is difficult for anyone (new to PIM) to understand the

Please check section 4.7 of draft-ietf-pim-sm-v2-new-04 - this is a
new section discussing PBMR behavior.  I think this addresses your
request, but please let me know if it doesn't.  Also, this section
hasn't seen any sanity checking yet, so I may have missed something.

Cheers,
	Mark

---

From: Beau Williamson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 12:08:39 -0600

>hasn't seen any sanity checking yet, so I may have missed something.

Mark,

I don't see the -04 version posted on the IETF web site yet.

Beau

---

From: Mark Handley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 10:17:03 -0800

>I don't see the -04 version posted on the IETF web site yet.

No, it usually takes a week or so, which is why I posted the location
on our server to the list.

Cheers,
	Mark

---- Forwarded Message ----
From:     Mark Handley <[email-masked]>
Subject:  [pim] new PIM-SM drafts
To:       [email-masked]
Date:     Wed, 21 Nov 2001 13:06:22 -0800
________

---- End of Forwarded Message ----