Subject: [pim] Configuring PIMD with a Router Cisco like RP

From: Eric Dubé <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 14:36:11 -0400

I want to configure my router Linux Redhat 7.1 with pimd in this situation :

Topology :

                --------------
                | client app   |
                --------------
                        \
                         \
                          \
                        ----------                    ----------------------
                        | Pimd    |--------------|       Cisco Router   
 |          
                        ----------                    ---------------------
                                                                /        
                \
                                                               /         
                 \
                                                              /         
                   \
                                                 ----------------------- 
    ----------------
                                                 |  RP - Router Cisco 
 |--- | Router Cisco  |
                                                 ----------------------- 
    ----------------
                                                                        
                                \
                                                                        
                                 \
                                                                        
                                   \
                                                                        
                            --------------
                                                                        
                            | server app   |
                                                                        
                            ---------------

The client app is : IP/TV Viewer from CISCO
The server app is : IP/TV Server from CISCO

My RP is a Cisco Router.

This is the configuration command that I did on the three Cisco router 
to configure PIM :  ip pim rp-address 192.168.1.38   (192.168.1.38 is 
the Cisco router)

So all the three Cisco router know who is the RP, but the router Linux 
PIMD don't know who is the RP.  And I don't know how to define it in the 
pimd.conf file.

This is one config that I try for the pimd.conf :

default_source_preference            101                      # smaller 
is better
default_source_metric                  1024                     # 
smaller is better
#phyint de1 disable                                                   # 
phyint MUST BE AFTER default_source_*
                                                                        
        # BUT MUST BE BEFORE everything else
#cand_rp 192.168.30.6 time 30 priority 20              # Smaller value 
means "higher" priority
#cand_bootstrap_router 192.168.130.6 priority 5    # Bigger value means  
"higher" priority
#group_prefix 224.0.0.0 masklen 4                          # All 
multicast groups
 
switch_data_threshold        rate 50000 interval 20    # 50kbps (approx.)
switch_register_threshold    rate 50000 interval 20    # 50kbps (approx.)

Someday have succesfully configure this topology or something like that ?
Thank you
Eric

_______________________________________________
pim mailing list
[email-masked]
http://catarina.usc.edu/mailman/listinfo/pim

---

From: Pavlin Radoslavov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 12:57:40 -0700

> I want to configure my router Linux Redhat 7.1 with pimd in this situation :

Yesterday Marshall pointed-out that the PIM mailing list is not for
implementation-specific configuration questions.

If you haven't received an answer yet, drop me an email and I will
try to answer it.

Pavlin