Subject: [pim] Minor corrections to RFC3971

From: Mark Doll <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 11:59:51 +0200

Hi Andrew!

I'm not shure, if those errors have already been reported, at least I've
found no posting regarding this in the PIM mailinglist.

Section 4.6.1 page 31:

inconsistent assert macros

my_assert_metric(S,G,I) uses undefined spt_assert_metric(S,G,I)
=> use spt_assert_metric(S,I)

spt_assert_metric(S,G,I) returns the 4-tupel
{0,MRIB.pref(S),MRIB.metric(S),my_addr(I)}, although assert_metric is
defined to be a 3-tupel
=> return {MRIB.pref(S),MRIB.metric(S),my_addr(I)}

infinite_assert_metric() returns the 4-tupel {1,infinity,infinity,0},
although assert_metric is defined to be a 3-tupel
=> return {infinity,infinity,0}

Section 4.8 page 53:

Throughout the document "StateRefreshInterval" gets referenced, but
section 4.8 names it "RefreshInterval" (inside the table). Although I
see, that there's only enough space for 4 more characters in the table...

Regards, Mark.

_______________________________________________
pim mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pim

---

From: Mark Doll <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 13:42:07 +0200

Sorry,

these are corrections to RFC 397_3_ (PIM-DM).

> spt_assert_metric(S,G,I) returns the 4-tupel

Should be "spt_assert_metric(S,I)"

Mark.