Subject: [pim] Border Router Changes

From: "Nicholas, Jonathan - ACD " <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 15:17:15 -0400

Hello,

I have a question regarding PMBR behavior. 

Suppose I have two PMBRs A and B into the same external network. 
Messages for group G start flowing from source S through PMBR A which
sends Register(S,G) to the RP. 
After some time, PMBR A loses its external interface and the external
network continues to attempt to forward multicast messages via PMBR B.

According to my reading of the latest draft, messages from PMBR B will
not be accepted until the Keepalive Timer (S,G) expires. 

Obviously, this is not desirable behaviour.  Is there any way for PMBR A
to resign its registrations or the RP to probe the health of PMBR A to
expedite the handoff?

Thanks.

Jonathan Nicholas
Network Systems Engineer
ITT Aerospace/Communications Division

************************************
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are proprietary and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of ITT Industries, Inc. The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. ITT Industries accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.
************************************

_______________________________________________
pim mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pim