Subject: [pim] RFC 5059 on Bootstrap Router (BSR) Mechanism for Protocol Independent Multicast (PIM)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 16:36:28 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5059

        Title:      Bootstrap Router (BSR) Mechanism for 
                    Protocol Independent Multicast (PIM) 
        Author:     N. Bhaskar, A. Gall,
                    J. Lingard, S. Venaas
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       January 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      42
        Characters: 100749
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pim-sm-bsr-12.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5059.txt

This document specifies the Bootstrap Router (BSR) mechanism
for the class of multicast routing protocols in the PIM
(Protocol Independent Multicast) family that use the concept
of a Rendezvous Point as a means for receivers to discover the
sources that send to a particular multicast group.  BSR is one
way that a multicast router can learn the set of group-to-RP
mappings required in order to function.  The mechanism is
dynamic, largely self-configuring, and robust to router
failure.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Protocol Independent Multicast
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
 Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
 status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
pim mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pim