Subject: [pim] I-D Action:draft-ietf-pim-join-attributes-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 07:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Protocol Independent Multicast Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : The PIM Join Attribute Format
	Author(s)       : A. Boers, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pim-join-attributes-04.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2008-06-30

A Protocol Independent Multicast (PIM) Join message sent by a given
node identifies one or more multicast distribution trees that that
node wishes to join.  Each tree is identified by a multicast group
address and a source address, which is possibly a "wild card".  Under
certain conditions it can be useful, when joining a tree, to specify
additional information related to the construction of the tree.
However, there is up to now no way to do so.  This document describes
a modification of the Join message that allows a node to associate
attributes with a particular tree.  The attributes are encoded in
Type-Length-Value format.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pim-join-attributes-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
pim mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pim