Subject: [pim] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC4601 (2662)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 07:19:17 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC4601,
"Protocol Independent Multicast - Sparse Mode (PIM-SM): Protocol Specification (Revised)".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=4601&eid=2662

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Ang Way Chuang <[email-masked]>

Section: 4.1.4

Original Text
-------------
PIM (S,G) Join/Prune state is the result of receiving PIM (S,G)
Join/Prune messages on this interface and is specified in Section
4.5.2. 

Corrected Text
--------------
PIM (S,G) Join/Prune state is the result of receiving PIM (S,G)
Join/Prune messages on this interface and is specified in Section
4.5.3. 

Notes
-----
Section 4.5.2 deals with (*,G) Join/Prune messages, not (S,G) Join/Prune messages.

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC4601 (draft-ietf-pim-sm-v2-new-12)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Protocol Independent Multicast - Sparse Mode (PIM-SM): Protocol Specification (Revised)
Publication Date    : August 2006
Author(s)           : B. Fenner, M. Handley, H. Holbrook, I. Kouvelas
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Protocol Independent Multicast
Area                : Routing
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG