Subject: [pim] Document Action: 'A Reliable Transport Mechanism for PIM' to Experimental RFC (draft-ietf-pim-port-09.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 12:09:29 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'A Reliable Transport Mechanism for PIM'
  (draft-ietf-pim-port-09.txt) as an Experimental RFC

This document is the product of the Protocol Independent Multicast
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adrian Farrel and Stewart Bryant.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pim-port/

Technical Summary

   This document creates a simple incremental mechanism to provide 
   reliable PIM message delivery in PIM version 2 for use with PIM
   Sparse-Mode (including Source-Specific Multicast) and Bidirectional
   PIM.

   The reliable transport mechanism will be used for Join-Prune message
   transmission only, and can use either TCP or SCTP as the transport
   protocol.

Working Group Summary

   WG progress was smooth with a large number of comments from
   many people helping to form the document.

Document Quality

   This is an Experimental document. At least one implementation
   exists.

Personnel

   Mike McBride ([email-masked]) is the Document Shepherd.
   Adrian Farrel ([email-masked]) is the Responsible AD

RFC Editor Note

End of 3.1:

OLD:
TCP Connection ID AFI: The AFI value to describe the address-family
of the address of the TCP Connection ID field. When this field is
0, a mechanism outside the scope of this document is used to
obtain the addresses used to establish the TCP connection.

NEW:
TCP Connection ID AFI: The AFI value to describe the address-family
of the address of the TCP Connection ID field. Note that this
value does not need to match the address-family of the PIM Hello
message that carries it. When this field is 0, a mechanism
outside the scope of this document is used to obtain the
addresses used to establish the TCP connection.

End of 3.2:

OLD:
SCTP Connection ID AFI: The AFI value to describe the address-
family of the address of the SCTP Connection ID field. When this
field is 0, a mechanism outside the scope of this document is used
to obtain the addresses used to establish the SCTP connection.

NEW:
SCTP Connection ID AFI: The AFI value to describe the address-
family of the address of the SCTP Connection ID field. Note that
this value does not need to match the address-family of the PIM
Hello message that carries it. When this field is 0, a mechanism
outside the scope of this document is used to obtain the
addresses used to establish the SCTP connection.