Subject: [pim] Protocol Action: 'Protocol Independent Multicast ECMP Redirect' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-pim-ecmp-05.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 08:17:29 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Protocol Independent Multicast ECMP Redirect'
  (draft-ietf-pim-ecmp-05.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Protocol Independent Multicast
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adrian Farrel and Stewart Bryant.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pim-ecmp/

Technical Summary

  This document introduces the ECMP Redirect, a mechanism to improve
  the RPF procedure over ECMPs.  It allows ECMP path selection to be
  based on administratively selected metrics, such as data
  transmission delays, path preferences and routing metrics.

Working Group Summary

  There is consensus within the PIM WG to publish this document. The
  document has been actively discussed on the wg list and in wg
  meetings.

Document Quality

  There is at least one implementation that will soon ship.

Personnel

  Mike McBride ([email-masked]) is the document shepherd.
  Adrian Farrel ([email-masked]) is the responsible AD.