Subject: [pim] [PIM] Request for comments on Draft-sami-Pim-Ng and Bidirectional pim

From: saeed sami <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2014 20:54:55 +0330

Hello.
Since the draft-sami-pim-ng  had been introduced in the last 2 agendas , 
i am sending this to see if there are any comments on it.
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sami-pim-ng

the general ideas behind it has been reviewed by some experts active in 
the Service provider and data center field and the feedback has been 
positive , but it needs to be reviewed by you as the experts of WG 
before anything can happen.

It is getting completed and the Bidirectional-Pim logic is being added 
which brings both automation with regards to sensing the existence of 
Bidirectional Groups and the ability to use redundant Bidir Tree Roots 
which is unique to PIM-NG. now what do you think of the existence of 
redundant Roots and automation?

So comments on the Draft will be appreciated to help improve it even 
more,for,i belive it  has the potential to be adopted as the next 
generation of PIM routing protocols if guided in the right direction.

Regards
Saeed Sami