Subject: [pim] WG Action: Rechartered Protocols for IP Multicast (pim)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 08:48:07 -0700

The Protocols for IP Multicast (pim) working group in the Routing Area of
the IETF has been rechartered. For additional information please contact
the Area Directors or the WG Chairs.

Protocols for IP Multicast (pim)
------------------------------------------------
Current Status: Active WG

Chairs:
  Stig Venaas <[email-masked]>
  Mike McBride <[email-masked]>

Technical advisors:
  Brian Haberman <[email-masked]>

Assigned Area Director:
  Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]>

Mailing list
  Address: [email-masked]
  To Subscribe: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pim/
  Archive: http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/pim/

Charter:

The Protocols for IP Multicast (PIM) working group, is chartered to work
on multiple IP multicast protocols.  The Working Group is responsible for
the maintenance of PIM, IGMP, and MLD.
 
The Working Group will work on the following specific items:
 
1) Management:  YANG models for PIM, IGMP, and MLD will be developed, for
both configuration and operational states.  If updates to existing MIB
modules are necessary, the WG may work on those.
 
2) Improve PIM authentication.
 
3) Improve and Extend PIM Join Attributes to support different types of
multicast applications.
 
4) Optimization approaches for IGMP and MLD to adapt to link conditions
in wireless and mobile networks and be more robust to packet loss.
 
Additional work items may be added with a recharter.

The WG should discuss and develop new ideas related to multicast
protocols and distribution of multicast related information.
 
The WG is expected to use its extensive multicast knowledge to actively
review and participate in WG Last Calls with multicast work that occurs
in other WGs, such as MBONED, LISP, MPLS, BESS, ROLL, and BIER. The WG
should investigate any extensions needed to support other work and, if
additional work is required, the WG may be rechartered to accomplish the
specific extensions.

Milestones:

TBD