Subject: [pim] RFC 7887 on Hierarchical Join/Prune Attributes

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2016 18:39:44 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7887

        Title:      Hierarchical Join/Prune Attributes 
        Author:     S. Venaas, J. Arango, I. Kouvelas
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 17207
        Updates:    RFC 5384

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pim-hierarchicaljoinattr-08.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7887

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7887

This document defines a hierarchical method of encoding Join/Prune
attributes that provides a more efficient encoding when the same
attribute values need to be specified for multiple sources in a PIM
Join/Prune message.  This document updates RFC 5384 by renaming the
encoding type registry specified there.

This document is a product of the Protocols for IP Multicast Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC