Subject: [pim] draft-ietf-pim-yang-03: questions

From: Toerless Eckert <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2016 03:16:06 +0100

To follow up on the questions i had on the mike on Seoul@PIM:

Can you pls. point me to a place that defines how BFD has to work if
two different protocols on the same interface are configured for differrnt
local-multiplier, desired-min-tx, required-min-rx-interval and the like.

I hope thats specified in some BFD RFC/draft, but i couldn't find it browsing
them.

Also: In Seoul, it was said that some vendors have configuration of these
parameters on a per-protocol basis. WOuld love a pointer toward any single
vendor doc about that.

If these parameters can be configured underneath a particular protocol
(like PIM/BFD), why then should these parameters be "ro" instead of "rw" ?

Last but not least: Given how there is no PIM-BFD specific "protocol spec" out
of PIM or MBoned, it looks to me as if all this discussion is probavbly better
done in BFD working group, and they should suggest the parameters that
can be configured.

draft-ietf-ospf-yang has a section about BFD which seems to primarily
care about making OSPF-BFD in the OSPF-YANG model optional. I think
it would be prudent to do the same for PIM-BFD. On the other hand, even the
OSPF-BFD definition does not seem to define these parameters. So maybe
lets try to figur eout the best of what OSPF-BFD will ultimately do
and then copy to PIM - unless we figure out reasons to go beyond that approach.

Cheers
    Toerless