Subject: [pim] Protocol Action: 'A YANG Data Model for Protocol Independent Multicast (PIM)' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-pim-yang-16.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2018 07:39:48 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'A YANG Data Model for Protocol Independent Multicast (PIM)'
  (draft-ietf-pim-yang-16.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Protocols for IP Multicast Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Martin Vigoureux and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pim-yang/

Technical Summary

   This document defines a YANG data model that can be used to configure
   and manage Protocol Independent Multicast (PIM) devices.  The model
   covers the PIM protocol configuration, operational state, and event
   notifications data.

Working Group Summary

   A design team with members from more than 6 different vendors have 
   been involved in designing this model. The authors were also working for 
   6 different vendors when most of the draft was written. There was not 
   much review or feedback from non-authors in the WG, but given the 
   design team and the number of vendors involved, we believe we have 
   good support. All issues that was raised in the 2 working group last calls 
   have been addressed.

Document Quality

   Several vendors have expressed intentions to implemented the models, 
   and there is operator interest as well.  The model has also gone through 
   YANG doctor review.

Personnel

   Stig Venaas is the shepherd. 
   Alvaro Retana is the AD.