Subject: [pim] Protocol Action: 'A YANG Data Model for Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP) and Multicast Listener Discovery (MLD)' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-pim-igmp-mld-yang-15.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2019 13:13:40 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'A YANG Data Model for Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP) and
   Multicast Listener Discovery (MLD)'
  (draft-ietf-pim-igmp-mld-yang-15.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Protocols for IP Multicast Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Martin Vigoureux and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pim-igmp-mld-yang/

Technical Summary

   This document defines a YANG data model that can be used to
   configure and manage Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP) and
   Multicast Listener Discovery (MLD) devices.

Working Group Summary

   The draft has authors from five different vendors and has been extensively 
   discussed by a multicast YANG design team formed by the working group. More 
   than five implementations were considered to come up with a common model. 

Document Quality

   There are no known implementations, but vendors have implemented pim 
   YANG models that have some overlap with this model. Five vendors have been 
   working on this model, but we do not know what their implementation plans 
   might be.  It has also been reviewed by a YANG doctor. Since the YANG doctor 
   review, the document has been changed to support NMDA. 

Personnel

   Document Shepherd Stig Venaas
   Responsible AD Alvaro Retana