Subject: [pim] I-D Action: draft-ietf-pim-reserved-bits-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2019 12:50:13 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Protocols for IP Multicast WG of the IETF.

        Title           : PIM reserved bits and type space extension
        Authors         : Stig Venaas
                          Alvaro Retana
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pim-reserved-bits-02.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2019-06-25

Abstract:
   The currently defined PIM version 2 messages share a common message
   header format.  The common header definition contains eight reserved
   bits.  This document specifies how these bits may be used by
   individual message types, and creates a registry containing the per
   message type usage.  This document also extends the PIM type space by
   defining three new message types.  For each of the new types, four of
   the previously reserved bits are used to form an extended type range.

   This document Updates RFC7761 and RFC3973 by defining the use of the
   currently Reserved field in the PIM common header.  This document
   further updates RFC7761 and RFC3973, along with RFC5015, RFC6754 and
   RFC8364, by specifying the use of the currently Reserved bits for
   each PIM message.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pim-reserved-bits/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pim-reserved-bits-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-pim-reserved-bits-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-pim-reserved-bits-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/