Subject: [pim] I-D Action: draft-ietf-pim-null-register-packing-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2021 12:12:40 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Protocols for IP Multicast WG of the IETF.

        Title           : PIM Null-Register packing
        Authors         : Vikas Ramesh Kamath
                          Ramakrishnan Chokkanathapuram Sundaram
                          Raunak Banthia
                          Ananya Gopal
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pim-null-register-packing-08.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2021-03-22

Abstract:
   In PIM-SM networks PIM Register messages are sent by the Designated
   Router (DR) to the Rendezvous Point (RP) to signal the presence of
   Multicast sources in the network.  There are periodic PIM Null-
   Registers sent from the DR to the RP to keep the state alive at the
   RP as long as the source is active.  The PIM Null-Register message
   carries information about a single Multicast source and group.

   This document defines a standard to send multiple multicast source
   and group information in a single PIM Null-Register message, in a
   packed format.  This document also discusses the interoperability
   between the PIM routers which do not understand the packed message
   format with multiple multicast source and group details.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pim-null-register-packing/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pim-null-register-packing-08
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-pim-null-register-packing-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-pim-null-register-packing-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/