Subject: [pim] Fwd: [bess] Last Call: <draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-msdp-sa-interoperation-05.txt> (MVPN and MSDP SA Interoperation) to Proposed Standard

From: Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2021 14:05:19 -0700

pim WG:

FYI

It looks like an earlier version of this document was discussed on the
list.  Please take a look at this version which is in Last Call.

Thanks!

Alvaro.

On April 13, 2021 at 3:50:20 PM, The IESG ([email-masked]) wrote:

The IESG has received a request from the BGP Enabled ServiceS WG (bess) to
consider the following document: - 'MVPN and MSDP SA Interoperation'
<draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-msdp-sa-interoperation-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2021-04-27. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

This document specifies the procedures for interoperation between
Multicast Virtual Private Network (MVPN) Source Active routes and
customer Multicast Source Discovery Protocol (MSDP) Source Active
routes, which is useful for MVPN provider networks offering services
to customers with an existing MSDP infrastructure. Without the
procedures described in this document, VPN-specific MSDP sessions are
required among the PEs that are customer MSDP peers. This document
updates RFC6514.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-msdp-sa-interoperation/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

_______________________________________________
BESS mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bess