Subject: [pim] I-D Action: draft-ietf-pim-null-register-packing-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2021 11:53:07 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Protocols for IP Multicast WG of the IETF.

        Title           : PIM Null-Register packing
        Authors         : Vikas Ramesh Kamath
                          Ramakrishnan Chokkanathapuram Sundaram
                          Raunak Banthia
                          Ananya Gopal
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pim-null-register-packing-11.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2021-11-07

Abstract:
   In PIM-SM networks PIM Null-Register messages are sent by the
   Designated Router (DR) to the Rendezvous Point (RP) to signal the
   presence of Multicast sources in the network.  There are periodic PIM
   Null-Registers sent from the DR to the RP to keep the state alive at
   the RP as long as the source is active.  The PIM Null-Register
   message carries information about a single Multicast source and
   group.

   This document defines a standard to send multiple Multicast source
   and group information in a single PIM Packed Null-Register message.
   We will refer to the new packed formats as the PIM Packed Null-
   Register format and PIM Packed Register-Stop format throughout the
   document.  This document also discusses interoperability between the
   PIM routers which do not understand the PIM Packed Null-Register
   format and routers which do understand it.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pim-null-register-packing/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-pim-null-register-packing-11

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-pim-null-register-packing-11

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/