Subject: NOSSDAV99 Call-for-Papers

From: [email-masked] (Chuck Kalmanek)
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 20:07:32 -0500

The 9th International Workshop on Network and Operating Systems
             Support for Digital Audio and Video (NOSSDAV 99)

    *** NOTE: CHANGE IN SUBMISSION DEADLINE AND PROCEDURES BELOW. ***

 	        http://weblab.research.att.com/edas/nossdav99.html

                           23-25 June, 1999
                              Hosted By:
                       	       AT&T Labs
	   Networking and Distributed Systems Research Laboratory

                          CALL FOR PAPERS

Objectives

The 9th International Workshop on Network and Operating Systems
Support for Digital Audio and Video (NOSSDAV 99) is the international
workshop concerned with state of the art technology in networking and
operating system support for multimedia systems.  For eight years,
NOSSDAV has proven to be an outstanding forum for researchers involved
in building innovative multimedia systems, networks and applications
in both industry and academia.

A key aspect of the workshop is that it provides extensive discussion
periods during which attendees can informally discuss their current
work and future research directions. Traditionally, NOSSDAV has
emphasized high quality experimental research based on prototype or
real systems.  NOSSDAV99 will continue this tradition.

Submissions

Submissions are sought in any area related to Network and Operating
Systems Support for Digital Audio and Video. Two types of submissions
are solicited:  position statements or work in progress reports and full
papers.  These will be reviewed in entirely different ways and have
different deadlines.

Full papers will be subject to a normal review process and are
restricted to fifteen pages.  Accepted papers will be presented at the
Workshop and will appear in the published proceedings.  The best papers
will be forwarded to selected journals for publication.

Position statements and work in progress reports of no more than three
pages, will be reviewed by the program committee only.  Papers will be
chosen on the basis of their potential to provoke discussion.  Roughly
half of the workshop presentations will be allocated to this category.

To electronically register and submit a paper, please go to:

	http://weblab.research.att.com/edas/

Important Dates

Please note that the submission deadline for full papers has been
extended by two weeks.  However, this is a hard deadline.

Submission Deadline for Full Papers:            	15 March 1999
Submission Deadline for Position Statements:    	30 March 1999
Acceptance Notification:				 8 May 1999
Final Full Papers Due:                          	 5 June 1999

Workshop:                                       	23-25 June  1999

Program Chair:

Chuck Kalmanek
AT&T Labs
Shannon Laboratory
Room A113
180 Park Avenue
Florham Park NJ 07032
[email-masked]

Other Correspondence:

[email-masked]

Program Committee

     Ian Leslie, Cambridge University, UK
     Charles Kalmanek, AT&T Labs Research
     Jim Kurose, University of Masachusetts
     Tom Little, Boston University
     Derek McAuley, Microsoft Research, UK
     Henning Schulzrinne, Columbia University
     Hide Tokuda, Keio University
     Domenico Ferrari, Universita Cattolica, Italy
     Kevin Jeffay, University of North Carolina
     Mike Jones, Microsoft
     Doug Shepherd, Lancaster University, UK
     Richard Black, University of Glasgow, UK
     Jason Nieh, Columbia University
     Partho Mishra, AT&T Labs Research
     S. Keshav, Cornell University
     H. Zhang, Carnegie Mellon University
     Raj Yavatkar, Intel
     Duane Northcutt, Sun Microsystems

LOCATION

AT&T Learning Center, Basking Ridge NJ

-- 
Chuck Kalmanek					Email: [email-masked]
AT&T Labs - Research 				Phone: 973-360-8720
Shannon Laboratory, Room A113			Fax:   973-360-8871
180 Park Avenue, Florham Park, N.J. 07932	

---------
This message came from the IETF PINT Working Group Mailing List.