Subject: ITU-T Study Group 11, Question 5 Liaisons to PINT

From: "Jay Hilton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 99 16:00:41 -0600

Hui-Lan Lu's appointment as SG 11 (Q5/11) liaison to the IETF PINT Working
Group was approved on 12 March at the Working Party 4/11 plenary meeting 
and
on 15 March at the SG 11 intermediate plenary.  The final, revised version
of the SG 11 Plenary Report (TD PL/11-104R1) has not yet been posted.  (TD
PL/11-104 currently has no mention of the WP 4/11 details beyond 
statistics
regarding approvals of Recommendations.)

The SoI Meeting Report is TD PL/11-84R1.  Liaisons attached to the SOI
Meeting Report include only one addressed to directly to PINT (and to
Q24/13) regarding "Potential impacts of anonymous Internet calls".  The
contact for this liaison is listed as Mr. Kenyoshi (Q21/11 Rapporteur),
presumably because the liaison addresses ISDN services such as Calling 
Line
ID, Malicious Call ID, and Support of Emergency Services.

The following documentation is available:

Q5/11 Meeting Report (TD 4/11-67):
from Section 3.2  "... Mrs. Lu is proposed to WP 4/11 to be appointed as 
the
official liaison contact person to the IETF PINT Working Group."   This 
was
approved at the 12 March WP 4/11 plenary.

Working Party 4/11 Report (TD PL/11-71):
from Section 8.4  "... WP 4/11 proposes that Mrs. Hui-Lan Lu (Lucent, USA)
be approved by SG 11 as the liaison contact person for SG 11, Q5/11 to 
IETF
PINT working group.  Specifically, WP 4/11 requests that Mrs. Lu share the
work in TD GEN/11-123 (plus addendum) with the IETF for their 
information."
This was approved at the 15 March SG11 intermediate plenary.

I trust that this clarifies Working Party 4's liaison relationship with 
the PINT activity in the IETF.

Regards,

Jay R. Hilton
Chair - SG11, WP4/11

---------
This message came from the IETF PINT Working Group Mailing List.