Subject: Re: Draft v.4

From: [email-masked] (Igor Faynberg)
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 12:24:04 -0500

Chip,

Although I am not an author of these documents, I believe their status
is exactly the same as that of your most recent message (or my present
response).  In other words, they are e-mail messages to the group.

Lawrence's posting is the almost-final version of the PINT protocol
document, on which he has been asking comments from the group. It seems
to me it is much better to get the bugs out before publishing something
as a draft (and then republishing, and repubblishing, and...). This saves
time and money to the IETF secretariat and bandwith--to all.

Same about Mr. Buller's posting. He has invited a discussion before
submitting a draft.

Since neither document has been submitted as a draft, naturally the
boiler plate is not an issue.

With this, I see no cause for concern, and I hope my response will alleviate
yours.

With best regards,

Igor

---------
This message came from the IETF PINT Working Group Mailing List.