Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pint-mib-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 06:58:51 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the PSTN and Internet Internetworking Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Management Information Base for the PINT Services 
                          Architecture
	Author(s)	: M. Krishnaswamy, D. Romascanu 
 	Filename	: draft-ietf-pint-mib-00.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 08-Oct-99
	
PINT services are an emerging set of new Internet based applications
where voice (and fax) requests to the PSTN (Public Switched Telephone
Network) are carried over the Internet. RFC 2458 [1] gives a good
introduction to the (pre-standard) PINT architecture and services.
It also has examples of some of the early implementations of pre-
PINT.
This document defines a MIB which contains the elements for
monitoring the performance of a PINT based service. The MIB consists
of details of the four basic PINT services and their performance
statistics measured under various criteria.
It is not the purpose of this MIB to enable management of the PINT
networking elements. We are concerned only with the PINT specific
performance parameters. While it is understood that PINT service
performance is closely related to host and network performance, they
are not addressed here.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pint-mib-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-pint-mib-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pint-mib-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.