Subject: IETF Meeting

From: "Folts, Harold" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 09:16:06 -0400

Will the Pint group be meeting during the forthcoming IETF meeting in
November?

Hal

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
*	Hal Folts
*	Senior Systems Engineer
*	Internet Program Office
*	Technology and Programs Division (N2)
*	National Communications System
*	701 South Courthouse Road
*	Arlington, VA 22204-2198
*	Tel: +1 703 607-6186   Fax: +1 703 607-4830
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

---------
This message came from the IETF PINT Working Group Mailing List.

---

From: [email-masked] (Igor Faynberg)
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 10:36:43 -0400

November?                                                                       

Harold,

Your question reminded me that it is a good time for us to post
the "State of the Group" message.

Steve and I decided that PINT would not meet in November for the
following reasons: 1) if we were to discuss anything it would be
the proposal for conference calling building blocks, but we could
not prepare for that--all the time we had went to completing the
PINT Protocol  2) we should focus our quality IN time on SPIRITS
(which, I hope, will be announced soon) to help it take off.

More on the state of the group.  We have completed the WG last call
on PINT protocol. The discussion--as positive and constructive as
it was--was quite intensive, many changes have been made to fix
problems, and in the process we found we really needed the Telephony
URL work, so Antti's draft also went through the last call (not only
in PINT but also in mmusic).

As the result we got unanimous agreement. Both drafts went to the IESG
for approval, but what was supposed to be a three-week last call turned into
a two-months sweatshop.

Furthermore, we finally got from our MIB doctors the PINT MIB draft. This
will go for the last call as soon as we finish with the protocol.

At that point, we should move to the discussion of implementations and
Lev's conference building blocks.

With best regards,

Igor Faynberg

---------