Subject: New I-D on SPIRITS (PIN)

From: Alec Brusilovsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 12:53:30 -0400

There is new I-D available from the official IETF directory:
http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-faynberg-spirits-protocol-00.txt

This I-D is addressed to the proposed new SPIRITS WG (formerly known as
PIN at two BOF's at two last IETF's).

Here is a brief summary:
This document
1) Provides the relevant background explaining the mechanism for
interactions between the PSTN and SPIRITS Server.
2) Based on this mechanism, provides basic requirements and sets forth
the methodology for constructing the building blocks of the SPIRITS
protocol.
3) Provides particular examples of application of this methodology
regarding the leading SPIRITS benchmark service--the Internet Call
Waiting (ICW).
As such, this document contributes to the future SPIRITS architecture
and protocol RFCs.

Regards,
Alec Brusilovsky