Subject: [PINT] 3rd CFP (EXTENDED DEADLINE): IP Telecom Services Workshop 2000

From: "Gregory W. Bond" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2000 10:51:48 -0400

[Please accept our apologies for multiple copies of this call.]

-------------   THIRD CALL FOR PAPERS  ---------------
-------------     EXTENDED DEADLINE    ---------------

       IP TELECOM SERVICES WORKSHOP 2000 (IPTS 2000)

                    co-located with
             Fall 2000 Voice on the Net (VON)

                     organized by
                  AT&T Labs Research
                      pulver.com

         Cobb Galleria, Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.A
                  September 11, 2000

            submission deadline: June 23, 2000
         http://www.research.att.com/conf/ipts2000/

-----------------------------------------------------------

IPTS 2000 is a new workshop dedicated to the important, emerging field of IP
Telecom Services research.

In contrast to the services available on the PSTN, a new world of telecom
services is possible on an IP-based infrastructure. This world presents new
challenges for service development, deployment and management. This one-day
workshop will serve as a forum for the dissemination of research relating to
these challenges.

The IPTS 2000 Program Committee invites submission of papers on substantial,
original and previously unpublished research in IP telecom services, including,
but not limited to:

- service architectures
  (e.g. AIN, SoftSwitch, JAIN, Parlay, DFC)
- service creation environments
- protocols, standards and interoperability
  (e.g. H.323, SIP, MGCP, Megaco/H.248, etc.)
- service programming languages
- service management - billing, fault tolerance, monitoring
- novel services

We welcome papers describing original research; position papers describing
research interests in the field, work in progress, or future directions of
research; project or system descriptions.

IMPORTANT DATES

June 23, 2000        Submission deadline
July 21, 2000        Notification of acceptance
August 25, 2000      Final version of papers
September 11, 2000   IPTS 2000

PAPER SUBMISSIONS

Papers must describe original, previously unpublished work that has not been
simultaneously submitted for publication elsewhere. They must be written in
English, not exceeding 6 pages including figures, tables and references in 10-12
point font on 8.5x11-inch (US letter) paper. The first page must include an
abstract of up to 200 words, keywords, and email address of the corresponding
author.

All papers must be submitted electronically unless specifically approved by the
Workshop Co-Chairs. Submissions in PostScript or PDF format should be sent to
mailto:[email-masked].

Authors of accepted papers are expected to present their contribution at the
workshop.  The proceedings will be published in hardcopy and on the web.

REVIEW PROCEDURE

All submissions will be subject to academic peer review by the IPTS 2000 Program
Committee under the chairmanship of the Workshop Co-Chairs. Each paper will
receive three written reviews, and reviews will be returned to the authors.  The
Workshop Co-Chairs have final authority over the review process and all
decisions relating to acceptance of papers. Review criteria include originality
of ideas, technical soundness, significance of results, and quality of
presentation.

CONFERENCE VENUE AND RELATED EVENTS

IPTS 2000 will be held on September 11, 2000 in Atlanta, Georgia. The workshop
will be co-located with Fall 2000 Voice on the Net (VON).  Details about Fall
2000 VON can be found at http://pulver.com.

IPTS 2000 is organized by AT&T Labs Research (http://www.research.att.com) and
pulver.com (http://pulver.com).

WORKSHOP CO-CHAIRS

Greg Bond, AT&T Labs Research
Eric Cheung, AT&T Labs Research

PROGRAM COMMITTEE

Mauricio Arango, Sun Microsystems Labs
Joanne Atlee, University of Waterloo
Ralph Blumenthal, Daewoo Telecom
Scott Hoffpauir, BroadSoft
Evan Magill, University of Strathclyde
Peter Mataga, dynamicsoft
Bernie Pagurek, Carleton University
Jonathan Rosenberg, dynamicsoft
Henning Schulzrinne, Columbia University
Greg Utas, Nortel Networks
Pamela Zave, AT&T Labs Research

FURTHER GENERAL INFORMATION

http://www.research.att.com/conf/ipts2000

_______________________________________________
PINT mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/pint