Subject: [PINT] Basic Question

From: Lawrence Conroy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2000 14:27:53 +0100

* There have been a number of comments that SDP carried with SIP 
needs at least one RTP session:-
To which I reply...
Nooooooo....

For VoIP/Games/... usage of SIP I like the delayed media sessions 
section of the bis draft.
Please don't dump it, even though this has no media sessions at all in the SDP.

Even for not-transient situations, we MAY have this situation...for 
example, PINT doesn't use RTP sessions, but it still has SDP.

I suspect that the ATM stuff may NOT use RTP either - one may find 
VoATM distasteful, but there are customers for it; SIP/SDP may be 
used as a hybrid.

Whilst for VoIP sessions, lack of an RTP media session is strange, 
this is not always true, even when SIP is being used.
-- 
All the best, Lawrence
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
| Lawrence Conroy,    | "These Opinions must be mine, 'cos if they    |
| Roke Manor Research |  were my Company's they'd pay me for them"    |
|- [email-masked]  ---+- Tel: +44 1794 833666  Fax: +44 1794 833434 --|

_______________________________________________
PINT mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/pint