Subject: [PINT] patent issued on much of PINT

From: Steve Bellovin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 08:38:52 -0400

Folks may want to have a look at U.S. patent 6,072,780 (text available 
from http://164.195.100.11/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PALL&p=1&u=/netahtml/srchnum.htm&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1='6,072,780'.WKU.&OS=PN/6,072,780&RS=PN/6,072,780
if you want).  If you have prior art, note that the original 
provisional application was filed in August, 1996, about 8 months 
before the first PINT BoF.  Also note that U.S. law gives priority to 
"first to invent", rather than the "first to file" principle used in 
most of the rest of the world.

		--Steve Bellovin

_______________________________________________
PINT mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/pint

---

From: Scott Bradner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 09:02:54 -0400 (EDT)

a shorter URL for the patent is

http://www.patents.ibm.com/details?pn=US06072780__

Scott