Subject: Diffie-Hellman key exchange key in pkix-ipki-part1

From: Ilan Shacham <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 15:15:04 +0200

In pkix-ipki-part1 Diffie-Hellman key exchange algorithmIdentifier params
are defined as:

7.3.2  Diffie-Hellman Key Exchange Key

   The Diffie-Hellman OID supported by this profile is defined by ANSI
   X9.42 [X9.42].

        dhpublicnumber OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { iso(1) member-body(2)
                  us(840) ansi-x942(10046) number-type(2) 1 }

   The dhpublicnumber OID is intended to be used in the algorithm field
   of a value of type AlgorithmIdentifier. The parameters field of that
   type, which has the algorithm-specific syntax ANY DEFINED BY algo-
   rithm, have the ASN.1 type GroupParameters for this algorithm.

        DomainParameters ::= SEQUENCE {
              p       INTEGER, -- odd prime, p=jq +1
              g       INTEGER, -- generator, g
              q       INTEGER, -- factor of p-1
              j       INTEGER OPTIONAL, -- subgroup factor
              validationParms  ValidationParms OPTIONAL }

        ValidationParms ::= SEQUENCE {
              seed             BIT STRING,
              pgenCounter      INTEGER }

It looks to me like there is a typo here - GroupParameters written instead
of DomainParameters. Is this true or am I missing something?

apart from that, does anyone have a reference implementation with a DH
public key?

Ilan

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ilan Shacham				mailto:[email-masked]
Algorithmic Research Ltd.		http://www.arx.com
10 Nevatim St.,			phone:	972 - 3 - 9279540
Petach-Tikva, Israel			Fax:	972 - 3 - 9230864

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 13:37:41 -0500

You found a typo.

Russ