Subject: Protocol Action: Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure Certificate Management Protocols to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 12:54:12 -0500

The IESG has approved the following Internet-Drafts as Proposed
Standards:

 o Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure Certificate Management
   Protocols
	<draft-ietf-pkix-ipki3cmp-09.txt>

 o Internet X.509 Certificate Request Message Format
	<draft-ietf-pkix-crmf-01.txt> 

These documents are the product of the Public-Key Infrastructure
(X.509) Working Group.  The IESG contact persons are: Jeffrey Schiller
and Marcus Leech.

Technical Summary
 
These documents define a protocol for managing the creation and
dissemination of X.509 Version 3 Certificates.

Working Group Summary

The Working Group came to consensus on these documents.

Protocol Quality

The PKIX Working Group has performed fairly rigorous evaluation of the
protocol described in these documents. The IESG reviewed was conducted
by Jeffrey I. Schiller.

Note to RFC Editor: 

Please remove the paragraph below from page 10:

> 7.  INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY STATEMENT
>
> The authors have no knowledge of any pending or granted patents covering
> the techniques described.