Subject: Re: PKIX Agenda for Oslo

From: Paul Hoffman / VPNC <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 17:31:09 -0700

>Here is the draft agenda for the Oslo PKIX WG meeting.  Please advise any
>additions...

You may want to address the recent discussion of "why so many protocols". I 
think that it is a reasonable question and should be discussed before the 
many protocols it might replace. I propose that such a discussion happen 
before or after the Roadmap discussion. The outcome of such a discussion 
could affect at least three of the other discussions.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 09:35:30 -0700

This is a good topic for Oslo to address and is part in parcel to how the
IETF plans to maintain the value of the Intellectual Properties it produces.
Also how it plans to promulgate these to other standard orgs and who's
responsibility to do this, it is.

As to the Road Map discussion I want to add the idea that a Recommended M.O.
be added for each protocol taken beyond RFC by PKIX and that this M.O. be
promulgated formally to other orgs as our working recommendations on the
"subject".

See the lenghtily note I hammed the POISSED LIST with this AM for the
further references to what needs to be addressed as part of the RoadMap
Effort. BTW, I would be willing ot work on this project as well if the
Roadmap Authors would have me.

T