Subject: POP : newbie question

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 12:48:29 +0200

Hello all,

concerning the POP issue, what are the certificate request protocols that
don't address the POP issue and thus request POP to be treated during
transactions ?

Thanks for your answers
--
Laurent PERRUCHE

---

From: Denis Pinkas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 14:04:34 +0200

> don't address the POP issue and thus request POP to be treated during

For signature keys, POP at the time of the certificate request is not
necessary as soon as POP is made part of the protocol.

Basically the requirement is sign the information needed by the protocol but
also the identifier of the certificate (and its hash to cover the case of
the compromission of the key from the CA that has issued the certificate).

One example of such a use is in :
http://www.imc.org/draft-ietf-smime-esformats

Regards,

Denis