Subject: RE: certificate policies % xml

From: "Stephan Grill" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 22:25:43 +0200

Francesco,

I'm doing work in this area.  The main objective is not to implement a
particular policy schema, but to create a general framework.  I decided to
use description logics, a logic-based knowledge representation system with
precise semantics, to model the semantics of the policies.  Description
logics is capable of automatically creating a taxonomy of the described
policies and thus allows to compare different policies.  These logic
expressions can then be syntactically encoded in various ways (ASN.1, XML,
...).

To evaluate this approach I modelled 2 policies (Canada Government PKI and
Swedish SEIS).

The attached paper highlights some of the ideas.  I'm currently in the
process of summarizing all of the ideas.

In case you are interested in more information - please let me know.

Stephan

> I'm Francesco Di Sivo, a sw-engineer at the GRID work group
> at the University of Naples (www.grid,unina.it). I'm
> studing with prof. Antonino Mazzeo ([email-masked]) the
> interoperability inter pki domain by the certificate policy
> comparability. Our work is concerned aroun the idea that if
> a certificate policy is formalized in a computer
> processable language as XML the trsut intra pki is
> automatic.
> Is there only a idea or you could refer to us some work or
> pubblication that must have a citation in our pubblication?
> On this issue I have only the link
> http://www.acsac.org/2000/papers/104.pdf
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Francesco Di Sivo,
> [email-masked]