Subject: question about the DN Qualifier

From: Takeshi AKUTSU <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2001 23:23:07 +0900 (JST)

Dear all,

I have a question about DN Qualifier.

RFC2459 states 
   Implementations of this specification MUST be prepared to 
   receive the following standard attribute types in issuer
   names: country, organization, organizational-unit, 
   distinguished name qualifier, state or province name,  
   and common name (e.g., "SusanHousley").

but I don't understand how the DN Qualifier is used.

I put the following description of X.520(draft). 
I confuse the DSA part.
How can I use the DN Qualifier? 
Is there any good example how to use it?

-----------------
5.2.8	DN Qualifier 

The DN Qualifier attribute type specifies disambiguating information
to add to the relative distinguished name of an entry. It is intended
to be used for entries held in multiple DSAs which would otherwise
have the same name, and that its value be the same in a given DSA for
all entries to which this information has been added.
-----------------

Sincerely,

Takeshi AKUTSU  <[email-masked]> 
Hitachi,Ltd. Business & Information System Development Division
Electronic Commerce Department