Subject: Software for PKI

From: "Kronenberg, Peter" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 15:24:09 +0100

Hi

I am student and make a work about PKI. I have to test the interoperability
of an IP-router with IPSEC-Implementation for the use with a PKI. I am
looking for different PKI-softwares (PKIX) for Linux and Windows. I will use
the software only for testing purpose. Do you know any good Software to test
the interoperability with PKIX (with a certification-authority, LDAP, CRL
and so on) ?

Thanks for any remarks
Peter

---

From: Sean Mullan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 15:36:36 +0100

You might want to have a look at the Java Certification Path API,
which supports building and validating chains of certificates. This
API is targeted for inclusion in the Java 2 Standard Edition v. 1.4 
and includes a reference implementation that supports the PKIX certpath 
validation algorithm as well as retrieval of certificates and CRLs using 
the LDAP protocol.

J2SE 1.4 is currently in beta. See http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4/ for
more info. See http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4/docs/guide/security/certpath/CertPathProgGuide.html
for information on programming with the CertPath API.

--Sean

---

From: "Stefan Kelm" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 09:42:52 +0100

Peter,

> the interoperability with PKIX (with a certification-authority, LDAP, CRL

have a look at the tools section of my PKI page:

  http://www.pki-page.info/#TOOLS

Cheers,

	Stefan.

-------------------------------------------------------
Dipl.-Inform. Stefan Kelm
Security Consultant

Secorvo Security Consulting GmbH
Albert-Nestler-Strasse 9, D-76131 Karlsruhe

Tel. +49 721 6105-461, Fax +49 721 6105-455
E-Mail [email-masked], http://www.secorvo.de
-------------------------------------------------------
PGP Fingerprint 87AE E858 CCBC C3A2 E633 D139 B0D9 212B