Subject: Re: PKAlgs: 04: ASN.1 typos

From: "Housley, Russ" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 10:15:48 -0400

James:

>Couple of ASN.1 typos in draft-ietf-pkix-ipki-pkalgs-04.txt:
>
>1. Comments in ASN.1 start with a pair of hyphens (--) and end with the next
>pair of hyphens or the end of the line.  Consequently, 4 hyphens cannot be
>used to start a comment as it would also end it as well.  Replace
>occurrences of 4 hyphens with 2 hyphens throughout the ASN.1 module.  For
>example:
>REPLACE:        ----   DSA Keys and Signatures
>WITH:           --   DSA Keys and Signatures

Actually we need to change all occurrences of "----" to a string that will 
not be interpreted as start of commend followed immediately by end of 
comment.  I know that Jim Schaad has pointed this out in the past.

>2. ecpkParameters is a type so it must start with a capital letter.  This
>type is simply called Parameters in X9.62.
>REPLACE:        ecpkParameters ::= CHOICE {
>WITH:           Parameters ::= CHOICE {
>OR WITH:        ECPKParameters ::= CHOICE {

Agree.  We need to change "ecpkParameters" to "ECPKParameters"

>3. Delete the comma after the cofactor field in ECParameters.
>REPLACE:        cofactor  INTEGER  OPTIONAL,  -- The integer..
>WITH:           cofactor  INTEGER  OPTIONAL   -- The integer..

Agree.  We need to delete the comma.

Russ