Subject: web browser support for several CRLs for the same CA

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 10:04:38 -0500

Hi there,

I was wondering if anybody would now a tool (web browser, or a module for a
web browser) that would support having several CRLs for the same CA the way
Entrust does it. It looks like mod_ssl does not support that (you can only
have 1 CRL per CA).

Regards,

Alec Barea

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alec Barea
PKI engineering team
Equant
Tel:  +1 514 847-3436
CVS: 225 3436

---

From: [email-masked] (Peter Gutmann)
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 15:39:59 +1300 (NZDT)

>Entrust does it. It looks like mod_ssl does not support that (you can only

I'm not sure what you're after in terms of "a tool" (a means of checking any
cert against a CRL?), but cryptlib,
http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001/cryptlib/, will support any number of
CRLs from any number of CAs.  It's open source, so you can build it into a
browser in whatever way you want.

Peter.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 08:05:21 +0100

Well, I think the meaning of the question was: 
"Is there a tool (web browser, or a module for a web browser) that 
supports CRL Distribution Point extension?"

Paul

--
Pavol Adamec, Security Analyst
Tempest Ltd.                            tel: +421-2-50267111
Landererova 1                           fax: +421-2-50267100
811 09 Bratislava                       mail: [email-masked]
Slovak Republic                         web: http://www.tempest.sk

[email-masked] (Peter Gutmann)
Sent by: [email-masked]
13.12.2001 16:39

        To:     [email-masked], [email-masked]
        cc: 
        Subject:        Re:  web browser support for several CRLs for the same CA

>Entrust does it. It looks like mod_ssl does not support that (you can 
only

I'm not sure what you're after in terms of "a tool" (a means of checking 
any

Peter.