Subject: RE: OCSP avaliable?

From: "Mortimer, Ken" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 13:21:36 +1100

> From: Jose Antonio Onieva González [mailto:[email-masked]]
> 
> Hi!
>  Firtly of all, sorry for my poor english. I'm a student that NEED an
> implementation of OCSP if it's posible. What I really need is source
> code of OCSP (implemented in OpenSSL) ready for use it. If 
> i'm not wrong
> few time ago I searched for it in new versions of OpenSSL (0.9.6b) and
> it wasn't yet. I'm very interested in code like 
> OpenCA-OCSP-0.2.1 (that
> itsn't completed and abandoned if i'm not wrong again).

OpenSSL 0.9.7 will have an OCSP component.  It isn't released yet (the
current version is 0.9.6b) so it isn't exactly "ready for use" but the
latest source snapshot is available from openssl.org if you would like to
have a look at it:
  ftp://ftp.openssl.org/snapshot/

It's worth a download to see if its OCSP routines suit you. You can post any
questions you have about it to the OpenSSL mailing list (you can join here:
http://www.openssl.org/support/) but as it's not officially released yet and
still in development, answers to your questions may be limited...

Ken.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 10:34:28 +0100

Current releases of the iPlanet CMS have OCSP responder built-in. Have a 
look at

http://www.iplanet.com/downloads/download/

for an eval download - fully functional.

Paul

--
Pavol Adamec, Security Analyst
Tempest Ltd.                            tel: +421-2-50267111
Landererova 1                           fax: +421-2-50267100
811 09 Bratislava                       mail: [email-masked]
Slovak Republic                         web: http://www.tempest.sk

Jose Antonio Onieva González <[email-masked]>
Sent by: [email-masked]
11.12.2001 16:15

        To:     [email-masked]
        cc: 
        Subject:        OCSP avaliable?

Hi!
 Firtly of all, sorry for my poor english. I'm a student that NEED an
implementation of OCSP if it's posible. What I really need is source
code of OCSP (implemented in OpenSSL) ready for use it. If i'm not wrong
few time ago I searched for it in new versions of OpenSSL (0.9.6b) and
it wasn't yet. I'm very interested in code like OpenCA-OCSP-0.2.1 (that
itsn't completed and abandoned if i'm not wrong again).

could anybody help me?

thank's a lot!

(oh, by the way, i have been searching for it in some links that appears
in the mailing list and i think that i've not find exactly what i need.
It must exist.Doesn't it?)

---

From: [email-masked] (Peter Gutmann)
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 01:35:40 +1300 (NZDT)

>Current releases of the iPlanet CMS have OCSP responder built-in. Have a=20
>look at
>

cryptlib also has an OCSP responder built in, you can get it from
http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001/cryptlib/.

Peter.