Subject: Re: pkcs #6

From: "Housley, Russ" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 14:19:58 -0500

PKCS#6 was developed prior to the X.509 v3 certificate 
specification.  PKCS#6 remains available for historical reasons.  X.509 v3 
certificates should be used on lieu of PKCS#6 extended certificates.

Russ

At 04:22 PM 12/20/2001 +0100, Di Sivo ing. Francesco wrote:

>Hi to all,
>can someone resolve his question: on the RSA site there is on-line the
>version 1.5 of the pkcs#6: Extended certificate but in the RFC 2630 :
>cryptographic message syntax the pkcs#6 certificate is marked as obsolete.
>What is the situation? Why RSA does not say anything about this question?
>Thank to all.
>
>francesco di sivo
>security engineer
>università degli studi di napoli - federico II
>via claudio 5
>napoli - italia
>[email-masked]

============================================================================
================
This e-mail, its content and any files transmitted with it are intended
solely for the addressee(s) and are PRIVILEGED and 
CONFIDENTIAL.  Access by any other party is unauthorized without the express
prior written permission of the sender.  If 
you have received this e-mail in error you may not copy, disclose to any
third party or use the contents, attachments or 
information in any way, Please delete all copies of the e-mail and the
attachment(s), if any and notify the sender. 
Thank You.
============================================================================
================