Subject: Re: A challenge

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 05:56:21 -0700

somewhat addenda to question about '83 OSI .... while iso/x3s3.3 couldn't
have a work item for standard that violated OSI (i.e. HSP, high-speed
protocol .... direct from level4/transport to LAN/MAC interface which sits
in the middle of level3/network) .... x3s3.3 could have a work item that
studied HSP.

note also that IP also violated OSI ... since it is a layer that sits
between level4/transport layer and level3/network layer .... the
inter-networking layer. however, IETF doesn't have any qualms about having
IP interface directly to LAN/MAC.

as before ... internet archeological references from 82/83:
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/rfcietf.htm#history 20th anniversary of the
internet!
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2002p.html#38 20th anniversary of the internet
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2002p.html#39 20th anniversary of the internet
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2002q.html#22 20th anniversary of the internet

and a little more thread drift, a recent archeological reference to
something else that i was doing about that time
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2003c.html#75 The relational model and
relational algebra - why did SQL become the industry standard?

and the whole thing about thread between loosely-coupled, sysplex, high
availability, cluster, supercomputers, and electronic commerce:
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2001i.html#52

--
Internet trivia, 20th anv: http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/rfcietff.htm