Subject: X.509 path validation test suite

From: "David A. Cooper" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 13:36:48 -0400

All,

NIST is working in conjunction with NSA and DigitalNet to develop a 
comprehensive X.509 path validation test suite.  This test suite is 
designed to cover most of the features specified in X.509 and RFC 3280.  
NIST intends to reference a subset of the tests in this test suite in a 
PKI Client Protection Profile that is currently under development.  In 
addition, we would like to see this test suite used as the basis for 
demonstrating product interoperability as required to elevate RFC 3280 
to the level of Draft Standard.

The test suite, including descriptions of the tests and all required 
test data, may be obtained from 
http://csrc.nist.gov/pki/testing/x509paths.html.

A mail list has been established for the submission of comments and to 
enable discussion of the test suite.  You may subscribe to the list by 
sending a message to [email-masked] with the following in the body of 
the message: "subscribe pkits your name".  (Substitute your actual name 
for the string "your name".)  Listproc will use the return address from 
the header of your e-mail message.  You must be subscribed to the mail 
list in order to send a message to it, however, the archive will be 
available at http://www.nist.gov/itl/div896/emaildir/pkits/maillist.html 
for everyone to read.

Please submit any comments or suggestions on the test suite by June 27, 
2003.

Thanks,

David Cooper