Subject: RE: The value of qualified certificates

From: "Aisenberg, Michael" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 12:59:53 -0400

As with any other corporate finance discussion, "valuation" is very
subjective and context- and purpose-driven. Having said that, one credible
indicator of valuation is the limit of any indemnification provided by the
certificate issuer.

 -----Original Message-----
From: 	Anders Rundgren
Sent:	Wed Oct 22 08:46:20 2003
To:	[email-masked]
Subject:	The value of qualified certificates

I'm wondering what the value of qualified certificates is,
when e-governments in country after country, buy certificates
from commercial CAs where each CA (or CA network) requires
a business contract with each RP.  As these contracts regulate
liabilities etc. it seems that the legal implications of qualified
certificates become limited or are eliminated.  What's left seems
to only be a certificate profile. I.e. a "format".  Among many such.

Just my 2 (EU) cents

Anders R