Subject: PKIX WG Agenda for 61st IETF

From: Tim Polk <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 10:59:27 -0400

Please accept the draft agenda below for the PKIX WG at the 61st IETF meeting.

Thanks,

Tim Polk

---------------------------------------------

PKIX WG (pkix-wg)

WEDNESDAY, November 10, 2004 1300-1500
======================================

CHAIR: Stephen Kent <[email-masked]>, Tim Polk <[email-masked]>

AGENDA:

1. WG Status and Direction

1.1 Document Status Review [Tim Polk (NIST)]

        The working group has a number of Internet-Drafts.  Many
        documents are with the ADs or in various stages of WG Last Call.
        Several others are ready for Last Call. (10 min.)

2. PKIX WG Specifications

2.1 Simple Certificate Validation Protocol (SCVP)
        Trveor Freeman (Microsoft)
          submitted new draft, available soon at
          http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-scvp-15.txt

       A new draft has been submitted with significant enhancements.  This
       presentation will highlight those changes and their rationale.
       (30 min.)

2.2 3280bis
         Tim Polk (NIST)
         (no draft)

       The co-chairs have selected a lead editor for RFC 3280bis and formed
       a design team to develop a -00 draft from a issues list complied from
       PKIX mail messages and mail to the RFC 3280 editors.  Draft -00 is
       expected late in 2004.  This presentation will focus on scope and
       process.
       (10 min.)

2.3 Issues and Recommendations on CRL Processing Rules
         Santosh Chokhani (Orion)
         (no draft)

       This presentation will provide a comprehensive review of issues in
       CRL Processing.  Issues are identified in RFCs 3280 and 2560; changes
       are proposed to resolve these issues.  Relationship with ISO's X.509
       standard is also addressed
       (15 min.)

2.4 Discovering CRL Signer Certificates Using AIA
         Stefan Santesson (Microsoft)
         (draft after meeting)

       The ADs have approved a new PKIX document on this topic.  The first 
draft
       will be posted after this meeting.  This presentation will describe the
       problem and the projected -00 solution.
       (5 min.)

2.5 LDAP Schemas
          David Chadwick (Univ. of Salford)
          submitted new drafts; available soon at
   http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-ldap-crl-schema-03.txt
   http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-ldap-ac-schema-02.txt

       The WG has a suite of LDAP-PKIX drafts forming a comprehensive solution
       for LDAP based PKI information distribution.  New drafts of two 
documenta
       have been submitted since IETF 60 and are in WG Last Call.  (10 min.)

2.6 LDAP PKIX Schema Issues
        Kent Zeilenga (LDAP WG co-chair)
        (no draft)

       This presentation identify remaining issues for PKI LDAP schemas and
       (where applicable) ways to address them.
       (10 min.)

2.7 Algorithm IDs for Elliptic Curve Cryptography in PKIX
         Daniel Brown (Certicom)
       http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-ecc-pkalgs-00.txt

       This document is stable and ready for progression.  The WG needs to
       select a startegy for progression: progress indpendently or in a
       revision of RFC 3279?
       (10 min.)

3. Related Specifications & Liaison Presentations

       Time allowing, liaison presentations will be accommodated to ensure the
       PKIX WG is aware of related specifications currently progressing as
       individual drafts.

     3.1 User Interface Requirements for PKIX
         Jaehoo Yoon (KISA)
         (new draft submitted; to be available at
       http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-choi-pkix-ui-01.txt

       This document is a personal draft.  The presentation is a follow-up to
       a presentation on draft -00 at IETF-60.  Many people asked about the all
       important look and feel of the user interface; this short demonstration
       should further understanding and promote additional discussion.
       (10 min.)

---

From: Denis Pinkas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 17:40:22 +0200

Tim and Steve,

A few remarks:

Item 2.1: SCVP the draft is issued very late (we have still not received it 
at this time) so that we may reasonnably read it and raise issues. I would 
appreciate if Trevor could post his presentation before the meeting.

Item 2.2: 3280bis I would appreciate to be part of the design team.

Item 2.3: "Issues and Recommendations on CRL Processing Rules".
I would appreciate if Santosh could post his presentation before the meeting.

Item 2.4: "Discovering CRL Signer Certificates Using AIA" should be instead 
"Discovering CRL Signer Certificates Using AIA *and SIA*" and thus the draft 
should cover both AIA and SIA.

Denis

PS. Unfortunately I will not be able to attend the meeting.

>       The ADs have approved a new PKIX document on this topic.  The 
> first draft