Subject: Re: PKIX WG Agenda for 61st IETF

From: Peter Sylvester <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 18:44:03 +0200 (MEST)

>> 
> 2.2 3280bis
>          Tim Polk (NIST)
>          (no draft)
> 
>        The co-chairs have selected a lead editor for RFC 3280bis and formed
>        a design team to develop a -00 draft from a issues list complied from
>        PKIX mail messages and mail to the RFC 3280 editors.  Draft -00 is
>        expected late in 2004.  This presentation will focus on scope and
>        process.
>        (10 min.)
> 

Tim, could you please tell a little bit more on the mailing list.
The only information seen so far is in the presentation of San Diego
which seems to list the same status *and* more, since it says that
"list of issues compiled". 

waht is the probablity of success of "Draft -00 is expected late in 2004."
compared to waht has been in the S.D. slides.

Since the list has been compiled, it could possible to show it somehow,
and not just a digested version in a new draft for which it may be difficult
to find where an issues has been treated (and ignored for whatever
reason) or forgotten.

---

From: Denis Pinkas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 09:54:14 +0200

Tim and Steve,

I fully support Peter.

Starting to issue a -00 version for 3280bis would not be a good solution.

What we first need is the list of compiled issues and publish that list as 
an Internet Draft knowing that it will not be transformed into an RFC but 
will be used later on to build 3280bis-00.

Denis