Subject: CFP 2005 PKI R&D Workshop - Deadline soon

From: Carl Ellison <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 03:20:10 -0700

<fontfamily><param>Courier New</param><bigger>4th Annual PKI R&D
Workshop: Multiple Paths to Trust

April 19-21, 2005

NIST -- Gaithersburg, MD

Papers and Proposals Due: October 29, 2004

Website:
<underline><color><param>0000,0000,ffff</param>http://middleware.internet2.edu/pki05/

</color></underline>Registration Fee: $125.00

This workshop considers the full range of public key technology used

for security decisions and supporting functionalities, including

authentication, authorization, identity (syndication, federation, and

aggregation), and trust.  This year, the workshop has a particular

interest in how PKI and emerging trust mechanisms will interact with

each other at technical, policy and user levels to support trust

models that lack a central authority.  This workshop has three goals:

1. Explore the current state of public key technology and

   emerging trust mechanisms in different domains including

   web services; grid technologies; authentication systems,

   et al., in academia, research, government, and industry.

2. Share & discuss lessons learned and scenarios from vendors

   and practitioners on current deployments.

3. Provide a forum for leading security researchers to explore

   the issues relevant to PKI space in areas of security

   management, identity, trust, policy, authentication, and

   authorization.

CALL FOR PAPERS

We solicit papers, case studies, panel proposals, and participation

from researchers, systems architects, vendor engineers, and users.

Submitted works should address one or more critical areas of inquiry.

Topics include (but are not limited to):

* Federated versus Non-Federated trust models

* Standards related to PKI and security decision systems such as

  x509, SDSI/SPKI, PGP, XKMS, XACML, XRML, XML signature, and SAML.

* Cryptographic and alternative methods for supporting security

  decisions, including the characterization and encoding of data

* Intersection of policy based systems and PKI

* Privacy protection and implications

* Scalability of security systems

* Security of the components of PKI systems

* Security Infrastructures for constrained environments

* Improved human factor designs for security-related interfaces

  including authorization and policy management, naming, use of

  multiple private keys, and selective disclosure

* New paradigms in PKI architectures

* Reports of real-world experience with the use and deployment of

  PKI, including future research directions

Deadlines for conference paper and panel submissions are:

* Papers and Proposals Due: October 29, 2004

* Authors Notified:         December 10, 2004

* Final Materials Due:      February 18, 2005

Submissions should be provided electronically, in PDF, for standard

US letter-size paper (8.5 x 11 inches). Paper submissions must not

exceed 15 pages (single space, two column format with 1" margins

using a 10 pt or larger font) and have no header or footer text

(e.g., no page numbers). Proposals for panels should be no longer

than five pages and include possible panelists and an indication of

which panelists have confirmed availability.

Please submit the following information to [email-masked]:

* Name, affiliation, email, phone, postal address for the primary

  contact author

* First name, last name, and affiliation of each co-author

* The finished paper in PDF format as an attachment

All submissions will be acknowledged.

Submissions of papers must not substantially duplicate work that any

of the authors have published elsewhere or have submitted in parallel

to any other conferences or journals.

Accepted papers will be published in a proceedings of the workshop.

REGISTRATION

The registration fee of $125 per person includes workshop materials,

coffee breaks, lunches, and a dinner.  There will be no on-site

registration. Please pre-register by April 12, 2005 at

 <underline><color><param>0000,0000,ffff</param>https://rproxy.nist.gov/CRS/conf_ext.cfm?conf_id=1065

</color></underline>

Teresa Vicente

NIST

Phone: (301) 975-3883

Fax: (301) 948-2067

email: [email-masked]

An agenda will be available in late December at

<underline><color><param>0000,0000,ffff</param>http://middleware.internet2.edu/pki05/

</color></underline>

ACCOMMODATIONS

A block of rooms has been reserved at the Gaithersburg Holiday Inn,

(301) 948-8900, at a special rate of $99, single or double, plus 12%

tax. Reservations must be received by April 4, 2005, in order to

receive the special rate.  Please mention you are attending the

"NIST/PKI Workshop".

</bigger></fontfamily>

+------------------------------------------------------------------+

|Carl M. Ellison         [email-masked]      http://theworld.com/~cme |

|    PGP: 75C5 1814 C3E3 AAA7 3F31  47B9 73F1 7E3C 96E7 2B71       |

+---Officer, arrest that man. He's whistling a copyrighted song.---+