Subject: need information about use of subjectInfoAccess extension

From: "David A. Cooper" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 16:46:12 -0400

All,

I have been asked to begin collecting the information necessary to 
demonstrate that RFC 5280 is ready to advance to the draft standard 
stage, including demonstrating that there are independent 
implementations of each of the features in the document.

I do not expect to have trouble finding CAs that can issue certificates 
with any of the extensions mentioned in the document, and I shouldn't 
have problems finding path validation clients that can process most of 
the extensions.  I am unsure, however, about the availability of clients 
that use the subjectInfoAccess extension.

Does anyone know of any path validation clients that use the 
id-ad-caRepository access method of the SIA extension to aid in path 
discovery?

Does anyone know of any clients that use the id-ad-timeStamping access 
method to aid in locating a time stamping authority?

Thanks,

Dave

---

From: Stefan Santesson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 02:59:57 +0100

David,

Windows Vista path validation support SIA.
However, using SIA for path discovery is a double edged sword and have to be used with caution in controlled PKI environments.

As we don't have any standard and working methodology for how to build paths top down Using SIA in a mesh PKI, this may face the client with un-resolvable path construction graphs.

Stefan Santesson
Senior Program Manager
Windows Security, Standards

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
> On Behalf Of David A. Cooper
> Sent: den 2 september 2008 22:46
> To: pkix
> Subject: need information about use of subjectInfoAccess extension
>
>
> All,
>