Subject: OIDs for AES in CTR Mode

From: "Perez, Aram" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 14:54:38 -0800

Hi Folks,

Is anyone aware of any OID (or URI) for using AES in CTR mode?

Thanks,
Aram

---

From: Alfred Hönes <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 02:15:52 +0100 (MEZ)

> Title: OIDs for AES in CTR Mode
> Hi Folks,
>

NOPE!   Never seen!

Obviously AES-CTR is *not* supported by NIST for general use in
environments that require OIDs, and so they did not assign OIDs.

See:
  http://csrc.nist.gov/groups/ST/crypto_apps_infra/csor/algorithms.html

This should be the most official page for basic AES OIDs available.

Perhaps you might better target AES-CCM or AES-GCM.

Kind regards,
  Alfred.

-- 

+------------------------+--------------------------------------------+
| TR-Sys Alfred Hoenes   |  Alfred Hoenes   Dipl.-Math., Dipl.-Phys.  |
| Gerlinger Strasse 12   |  Phone: (+49)7156/9635-0, Fax: -18         |
| D-71254  Ditzingen     |  E-Mail:  [email-masked]                     |
+------------------------+--------------------------------------------+