Subject: [pkix] RFC 5697 on Other Certificates Extension

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 16:05:42 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5697

        Title:      Other Certificates Extension 
        Author:     S. Farrell
        Status:     Experimental
        Date:       November 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 17949
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pkix-other-certs-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5697.txt

Some applications that associate state information with public key
certificates can benefit from a way to link together a set of
certificates that belong to the same end entity and that can safely
be considered equivalent to one another for the purposes of
referencing that application-state information.  This memo defines a
certificate extension that allows applications to establish the
required linkage without introducing a new application protocol data
unit.  This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet
community.

This document is a product of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute