Subject: [pkix] RFC 5913 on Clearance Attribute and Authority Clearance Constraints Certificate Extension

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 11:38:02 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5913

        Title:      Clearance Attribute and Authority Clearance 
                    Constraints Certificate Extension 
        Author:     S. Turner, S. Chokhani
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 39650
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pkix-authorityclearanceconstraints-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5913.txt

This document defines the syntax and semantics for the Clearance
attribute and the Authority Clearance Constraints extension in X.509
certificates.  The Clearance attribute is used to indicate the
clearance held by the subject.  The Clearance attribute may appear in
the subject directory attributes extension of a public key certificate
or in the attributes field of an attribute certificate.  The Authority
Clearance Constraints certificate extension values in a
Trust Anchor (TA), in Certification Authority (CA) public key
certificates, and in an Attribute Authority (AA) public key certificate
in a certification path for a given subject constrain the effective
Clearance of the subject.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC