Subject: [pkix] RFC 5912 on New ASN.1 Modules for the Public Key Infrastructure Using X.509 (PKIX)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 11:37:46 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5912

        Title:      New ASN.1 Modules for the 
                    Public Key Infrastructure Using X.509 (PKIX) 
        Author:     P. Hoffman, J. Schaad
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      117
        Characters: 216154
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pkix-new-asn1-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5912.txt

The Public Key Infrastructure using X.509 (PKIX) certificate format,
and many associated formats, are expressed using ASN.1.  The current
ASN.1 modules conform to the 1988 version of ASN.1.  This document
updates those ASN.1 modules to conform to the 2002 version of ASN.1.
There are no bits-on-the-wire changes to any of the formats; this is
simply a change to the syntax.  This document is not an Internet 
Standards Track specification; it is published for informational 
purposes.

This document is a product of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC