Subject: [pkix] RFC 5914 on Trust Anchor Format

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 11:38:13 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5914

        Title:      Trust Anchor Format 
        Author:     R. Housley, S. Ashmore,
                    C. Wallace
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 28393
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pkix-ta-format-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5914.txt

This document describes a structure for representing trust anchor
information.  A trust anchor is an authoritative entity represented
by a public key and associated data.  The public key is used to
verify digital signatures, and the associated data is used to
constrain the types of information or actions for which the trust
anchor is authoritative.  The structures defined in this document are
intended to satisfy the format-related requirements defined in Trust
Anchor Management Requirements.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC