Subject: [pkix] Second Last Call: <draft-ietf-pkix-certimage-10.txt> (Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure - Certificate Image) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 13:21:22 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has received a request from the Public-Key Infrastructure
(X.509) WG (pkix) to consider the following document:
- 'Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure - Certificate Image'
  <draft-ietf-pkix-certimage-10.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document was previously Last Called, but the writeup failed to 
highlight a normative down reference to an Informational RFC:
RFC 1952, "GZIP file format specification version 4.3".  The IESG
requests feedback on whether this reference is appropriate.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2010-08-24. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pkix-certimage/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pkix-certimage/

---

From: Anders Rundgren <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 22:57:42 +0200

The "certificate selection" use-case doesn't work in practice due to
the generally undefined interfaces between GUI and crypto middleware.

For server certificate "branding" the draft may be quite satisfactory.

Anders

On 2010-08-10 22:21, The IESG wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> pkix mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pkix
>