Subject: [pkix] one more notice on RFC5126

From: Kopylov Denis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 11:58:00 +0400

It seems that there is a typo: ASN.1 type, identified by
id-aa-ets-sigPolicyId OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { iso(1) member-body(2) us(840) rsadsi(113549) pkcs(1) pkcs9(9) smime(16) id-aa(2) 15 }
has to different names( SignaturePolicyIdentifier/SignaturePolicy ).
First one is used in "5.8.1. signature-policy-identifier", Page 36:

    The following object identifier identifies the
    signature-policy-identifier attribute:

    id-aa-ets-sigPolicyId OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { iso(1)
         member-body(2) us(840) rsadsi(113549) pkcs(1) pkcs9(9)
         smime(16) id-aa(2) 15 }

    signature-policy-identifier attribute values have ASN.1 type
    SignaturePolicyIdentifier:

    * SignaturePolicyIdentifier* ::= CHOICE {
         signaturePolicyId SignaturePolicyId,
         signaturePolicyImplied SignaturePolicyImplied
                         -- not used in this version
    }

Second one is used in ASN.1 modules (Pages 71, 79)

    id-aa-ets-sigPolicyId OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::=
    { iso(1) member-body(2) us(840) rsadsi(113549) pkcs(1) pkcs9(9)
    smime(16) id-aa(2) 15 }

    *SignaturePolicy*  ::= CHOICE {
       signaturePolicyId          SignaturePolicyId,
       signaturePolicyImplied     SignaturePolicyImplied
                                  --  not used in this version
    }

It seems to me that correct type name - is one from ASN.1 module. Im I right?

-- 
Denis Kopylov
LLC Top Cross
Mail: [email-masked]