Subject: [pkix] Protocol Action: 'Certificate Management over CMS (CMC) Updates' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-pkix-rfc5272-bis-08.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 13:59:58 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Certificate Management over CMS (CMC) Updates'
  (draft-ietf-pkix-rfc5272-bis-08.txt) as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509)
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Sean Turner and Stephen Farrell.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pkix-rfc5272-bis/

Technical Summary

   This document represents a set of needed changes to the base Certificate
   Management over CMS (CMC) document. These changes are motivated by
   problems that were identified either in the process of developing
   implementations or to support additional features that have been
   requested by authors of other documents (e.g., support for the Suite B
   profile of CMC).

Working Group Summary

   There were no significant issues about the document that were raised
   during the WG process, as such the changes represent the consensus of
   the active participants on the document

Document Quality

   The only current known implementation is a partial one by the document
   author, however much of the work is being done at the request of people
   writing other documents and as such it is expected that they will be
   either providing or requesting implementations of these features. 

Personnel

   Steve Kent is the Document Shepherd.
   Sean Turner is the responsible Area Director.