Subject: [pkix] minutes posted

From: Stephen Kent <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 11:26:05 -0400

But the IETF web site doesn't show them, for some reason. So, they are 
reproduced below.

Steve
-------

*PKIX WG Meeting March 12, 2013*

Edited by Steve Kent

Co-Chairs: Stephen Kent <[email-masked]>

Stefan Santesson <[email-masked]>

The PKIX WG met once, during a 1.5 hour time slot, during IETF 86, in 
Orlando, FL. A total of approximately 49 individuals attended the meeting.

**

*Document Status Review -- Stefan Santesson (3xA)*

There has been progress in document status since November, 2012.

-2 new RFCs: Update to 5280 (6818), DNS CAA (6844)

-1 document in IESG evaluation (2560bis)

-1 active I-D in the WG: EST (-05)

(Slides)

*The Future of PKIX -- Sean Turner (IECA)*

Sean reiterated his plan to complete the orderly shutdown of PKIX. He 
says this is expected to be the last meeting of PKIX, which began in 
1995. The WG list will remain open. (no slides)

*PKIX WG Document*

*Enrollment over Secure Transport (EST) -- Max Pritikin (Cisco)*

Max described changes since the -04 version. He noted that there was a 
lot of helpful comments on the -05 version, which is causing changes 
that will result in an -06 version, which he is working on now. 
Improvements include substantial prose improvements, explicit vs. 
explicit TA terminology, use of well-know UIRs. For the -065 version, 
the authors will fix the MIME representations, to remove the PEM 
headers, and they will include improved security for server-side 
generation exchange. It was reported that there are now two independent 
implementations that interoperate, which would allow the document to 
move very quickly to full standard status. (Slides)

**

*Non-WG Topic Presentation*

*Authentication Context Extension - Stefan Santesson (3XA)*

This proposal describes an X.509 certificate extension that can be used 
by an RP to help map subject identity info, in a federated identity 
management environment based on the use of SAML. Stefan provided 
examples based on European PKI deployments, which motivate this work. 
The extension makes use of XML, because that is the native encoding for 
SAML assertions. Stefan's slides included detailed examples. This is an 
independent submission. (Slides)