Subject: [pkix] PKIX closing down?

From: Johannes Merkle <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 15:08:46 +0200

Stefan,

> But as PKIX is closing down, it must be done some place else.

This is not the first time I read this statement on this list, but could not find any information in the PKIX charter or
anywhere else on the IETF web site.

Is this decided already and, if yes, when will close PKIX down, and which WG will take over PKI standards?

Johannes

---

From: Stefan Santesson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 15:54:19 +0200

Hi Johannes,

No WG will take over. The IESG will have to look at each request for work
and decide what to do.
Referring to Sean Turner, the security AD responsible for PKIX for details.

/Stefan

On 6/28/13 3:08 PM, "Johannes Merkle" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>This is not the first time I read this statement on this list, but could
>not find any information in the PKIX charter or

---

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 12:48:13 -0400

The WG will close after EST is published but the mailing list will live on.

spt