Subject: [pkix] RFC 6960 on X.509 Internet Public Key Infrastructure Online Certificate Status Protocol - OCSP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 13:57:07 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6960

        Title:      X.509 Internet Public Key Infrastructure 
                    Online Certificate Status Protocol - OCSP 
        Author:     S. Santesson, M. Myers,
                    R. Ankney, A. Malpani,
                    S. Galperin, C. Adams
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    none,  [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      41
        Characters: 82037
        Obsoletes:  RFC 2560, RFC 6277
        Updates:    RFC 5912

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pkix-rfc2560bis-20.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6960.txt

This document specifies a protocol useful in determining the current 
status of a digital certificate without requiring Certificate Revocation 
Lists (CRLs).  Additional mechanisms addressing PKIX operational 
requirements are specified in separate documents.  This document obsoletes 
RFCs 2560 and 6277.  It also updates RFC 5912.

This document is a product of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC