Subject: [pkix] FW: New Version Notification for draft-wallace-est-alt-challenge-00.txt

From: Carl Wallace <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2015 07:34:25 -0400

The draft referenced below may be of interest to some on this list. It
defines some new OIDs to disambiguate existing EST challengePassword
attribute usage from PKCS #9/legacy usage and defines a new OID to convey
a one-time password as an additional value or alternative to the
tls-unique mechanism defined in EST.

On 8/3/15, 2:35 PM, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
wrote:

>
>A new version of I-D, draft-wallace-est-alt-challenge-00.txt
>has been successfully submitted by Carl Wallace and posted to the
>IETF repository.
>
>Name:		draft-wallace-est-alt-challenge
>Revision:	00
>Title:		Alternative Challenge Password Attributes for Enrollment over
>Secure Transport
>Document date:	2015-08-03
>Group:		Individual Submission
>Pages:		9
>URL:            
>https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wallace-est-alt-challenge-00.tx
>t
>Status:         
>https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wallace-est-alt-challenge/
>Htmlized:       
>https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wallace-est-alt-challenge-00
>
>
>Abstract:
>   This document defines a set of new Certificate Signing Request
>   attributes for use with the Enrollment over Secure Transport (EST)
>   protocol.  These attributes provide disambiguation of the existing
>   overloaded uses for the PKCS #9 challengePassword attribute.  Uses
>   include the original certificate revocation password, common
>   authentication password uses, and EST defined linking of transport
>   security identity.
>
>                  
>        
>
>
>Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of
>submission
>until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.
>
>The IETF Secretariat
>