Subject: [pkix] [Errata Held for Document Update] RFC7030 (5107)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2020 12:59:42 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been held for document update 
for RFC7030, "Enrollment over Secure Transport". 

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
https://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid5107

--------------------------------------
Status: Held for Document Update
Type: Technical

Reported by: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2017-09-07
Held by: Roman Danyliw (IESG)

Section: 3.2.1

Original Text
-------------

Corrected Text
--------------
Add the following is as the last paragraph of Section 3.2.1:

  [RFC2616] indicates "HTTP does not use the
  Content-Transfer-Encoding (CTE) field of RFC 2045”; nevertheless, this
  document was published specifying the use of the
  Content-Transfer-Encoding header with a value of ‘base64' in Sections
  4.1.3, 4.3.1, 4.3.2, 4.4.2, 4.5.2, as well as in the examples in
  Appendices A.1-A.4.   As HTTP is binary-clean transport, there is no
  need to indicate this for HTTP-based protocols like EST.  EST server
  implementations SHOULD omit the Content-Transfer-Encoding header if
  they know a priori that EST clients do not rely this field.  EST
  Clients SHOULD expect that the Content-Transfer-Encoding header will
  be absent unless they have an a priori agreement with the EST server.
  The mechanism to establish this client dependency is out-of-scope.

Notes
-----
EST, which is an HTTP-based protocol, erroneous used CTE.  This errata addresses this error.

Note that the text was reviewed by a RAI AD as well as multiple EST implementors.

--------------------------------------
RFC7030 (draft-ietf-pkix-est-09)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Enrollment over Secure Transport
Publication Date    : October 2013
Author(s)           : M. Pritikin, Ed., P. Yee, Ed., D. Harkins, Ed.
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509)
Area                : Security
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG

---

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2020 10:01:52 +0200

Hi,

I think this one is fixed in the 7030 fixup doc that is currently wending its way through the approval process.

Eliot

> On 19 Aug 2020, at 21:59, RFC Errata System <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> _______________________________________________
> pkix mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pkix